Sunday, December 19, 2010

Finally......SUCCESS!!

So I have a history of total and complete failures when it comes to making gingerbread houses. And I'm talking the easy kit ones. I wouldn't even dare to make my own gingerbread to make a house.

The first year I tried it would not stay together so I gave up and threw it away. I skipped a year and tried again, with the same results. We did one last year that stayed together for a little bit, but then fell apart. I tried a Halloween house once again with quite lackluster results.

So I was bound and determined to make it work this year. The kids got out of school 2 hours early the other day, so figured we had the time.

Drum roll please......

I DID IT!! I actually did it!!!

I cannot express my excitement with my accomplishment!! I couldn't believe it actually worked. The kids helped me hold up the sides and it stayed together-and it's strong too:) Woo Hoo!!!!


Yeah-it stayed together!! Let's get ready to decorate now:)

Here we are all working together. I would put the frosting, then the kids would put the candy. And man that stuff is like cement. After the first bit in the bag ran out, it was really tricky to put more in the bag. I would be piping it on, and it was leaking out the top. The boys loved eating it, but it is gross to me-like eating pure sugar. They ate lots of the candy, too, but we had lots of fun!

Yeah!! Our finished product!!!


Another view...just because I'm so dang excited it worked!!



Some of the details. If you know my children well, you know who did this....ok, I'll tell you. Spencer obsessed with orange, so this this is his handy work. So colorful and bright-just makes me happy. We never did them as kids, so it's so fun for me:)




Here's Spencer's final contribution: When I wasn't looking he thought he would label the house. It is pretty cute because he is starting to write more around the house like Jordan did at that age.



I am already excited to do one next year. I CAN do it!! We may have to do a Halloween house, too. Woo Hoo!!!!

No comments: