Saturday, December 18, 2010

Temple lights

One Christmas tradition we look forward to every year is going to the temple for the Festival of Lights. It is so beautiful and we never get bored with it. It seems like they have new lights each year, so it is fun to see.

I loved these trees. I can't imagine the job of putting all the lights on....yikes. But I am grateful for the volunteers who do it so my family can enjoy it!
I get such a happy feeling inside each time I drive into the temple parking lot. So many memories and happy times. First baptism trip, endowments, wedding....ahhhh, such a special place to me.
The kiddos were so busy! They could not keep still for any amount of time-just wanted to run and run, so getting this slightly ok picture was quite a feat.
Daddy and his little girl:)I meant it when I said the kids were running around like crazy. Here's proof.

Darin and the kids....who did not want to pose for any pictures. Little stinkers. But I can't complain too much-they did excellent during the concert. Here's Landon wandering down a path he should probably not be on...oops.

And lest we forget, the beloved camel. We have to sit on this guy every year, or our visit would not be the same.
Another shot of the temple just because it is so beautiful!
Whew...now I feel like I'm getting my Christmas posts finally started....now to do the gingerbread house, our first snow, nativity, making a gingerbread man, and a visit to Santa! Stay tuned:)

No comments: