Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Festivities...a whole weekends worth!!

We had a whole weekend of Easter Festivies. Here is what we did:

Egg Hunt at South Run
My friends have been to this egg hunt for the last couple years, so we decided to try it. It was ok in the end, but very unorganized. The children had lots of fun running around the fieldhouse before they started, doing crafts and picking up eggs. It wasn't really a "hunt," but more like an egg "free for all."

Here are the kids after they were all finished.

Before each age group, the would get everyone off the grass, then dump bags of eggs all over the place. The chilren would rush in. Here is Jordan filling her bucket.

The 1 and 2 year old group wasfirst and they were so funny. The didn't know what to do...finally Landon caught on.

Spencer knew what to do, but there was one really annoying boy that would follow Spencer and each time I would point eggs out, the kid would grab them from Spence. He didn't seem to mind and seemed happy with his haul.




We had lots of fun running around before. I think it was the biggest space Lanny had ever run in and he absolutely loved it.



Coloring Easter Eggs at home.
Saturday night we did our eggs at home. I saw a cool looking kit on a friend's blog and picked it up for the kiddos. The loved it and were excited to see the colors. Jordan of course favored the purple and pink ones and Spencer loved the blue and greens. The had a lot of fun putting the sticker faces on.



OH bummer, I just realized I didn't put the cuttest picture up of all them sitting with the eggs in a row. Oh well, not going back now. The next pics are of Easter Morning the kids had to get the eggs out of the fridge and see how they were.
















Easter Morning!
Wow, the Easter Bunny came! I had just came out of the shower and 3 little faces came to find me. Apparently they wanted to see if the Easter Bunny came. I think Spencer had been down to peek because he told Jordan about one of the things in her basket. They got a DVD and abook each as well as candy. Spencer would have eaten his whole basket before church if we would have let him:)

















Easter Dinner at the Lines home.
We were invited to our good friends Lea and Brent's for Easter Dinner, along with the Nielsons. We were excited to go to a fun house for dinner. Before dinner we had an egg hunt outside and the kids loved it.









Jordan and Lizzie running for some egs.



After the hunt we wanted to get a group pic, but the sun was in the kids eyes...gee, can you tell?





We had such a yummy dinner, then the children decorated sugar cookies, which seems to be a holiday tradition for may of our holidays together.





We took a few picures after. Usually I take pics of my kids on my neighbors little bench on holidays, but we hadn't done that. The following are my photo attempts .

Spencer and Landon happy with their buckts.



Jordan joins in.



Two beauties: Jordan and Lizzie





Alison joins Jordan and Lizzie-the girls have to stick together!!




I do have to also say that I really enjoyed teaching the Easter story to my little primary class. The were very cute and really seemed to understand it-on their little 4 and 5 year old level. They listened, (with the incentive of an egg with a treat in it) and were pretty good. It is amazing to me that at such a young age, they have such a love of Jesus. I learn so much from them and hope I can have more of their faith! I am grateful for Christ and his love for me.


















No comments: