Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paint and Peanut Butter!

I just thought that if I do another post like this one, people will probably wonder about my skills as a mother. I really do not leave my children unattended-they are just really fast!! I sometimes can't even go to the bathroom without them figuring something out. Makes me happy their little brains work-I just have to channel that into something more constructive:)

So Jordan had been begging to paint for a few days-and I mean really paint-cover the table get the real stuff out and have fun. So we did. Landon woke up in the middle of it and was quite happy to get right in. I was monitoring Spencer and came back to this. You will notice that there aren't any pictures of Spencer. That is because for some reason that day he felt it was only necessary to wear underwear, socks and flip flops over the socks. I think I can preserve what little dignity the child has and not post them. Oh, yes, I did take pictures, but they won't go public:)

Here is Landon getting into the paint. I was also doing laundry at the time so in my momentary absences, he managed to get paint all over his face. Here he is after, quite proud of himself.

So cute!!


Oh, the glue stick-I can really have fun with this!!!





So, this is what came next. The actual culprit for this one was Spencer, but once again, he was not in the appropriate attire to be in a picture. All three of our kids have taken a real love to peanut butter lately. The love to eat it plain. I give them sandwiches and they take them apart and lick the peanut butter. And it doesn't help that I get the big jars from Costco and they can get their whole little hand it. Spencer decided he was hungry and got the lid off. I heard one of the famous "mooooommmm" yells from Jordan and here we go again!!


Who doesn't love peanut butter covered fingers?


Landon is quite proud. the other two had taken off running by this point. And yes, once again the perfect picture is much more important than a fast clean up:):)



I love this little hand!!



Isn't it sad that I hadn't even got the paint washed off before he was covered in peanut butter. I did clean up the pb mess, but should I risk telling you that I didn't even bother cleaning the paint off his face until his bath that night?




I think I have an idea to make money. I could contract my house out to some local psychologists. They could just give their clients with a phobia of being dirty and making messes the assignment to just spend some time at our house. The could learn that a being a little (well maybe a lot) messy is sooo fun!!





3 comments:

Ryann said...

Love the peanut butter hand. And I don't think these posts make you look like a bad mom. Quite the opposite-you look like the FUN mom!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Girl, I can't believe the messes. I'm so up tight about that kind of stuff. I know your kids are having lots of fun. If I don't close all the bathroom doors, everytime I can't find Elle, she is in the bathroom, pouring the cotton swabs onto the floor, or trying to get in the garbage or the toilet, so I know exactly what you mean!!

Lea said...

So funny! Carson just painted his hands with peanut butter this evening. I ended up giving him some slices of apple and a spoonful of pb on his plate to dip the apples in. Well instead in just dipping his apple slices in it, the pb ended up all over his hands and face. Carson loved it! I could only imagine what our boys would look like if we gave them five minutes with a full jar!