Friday, April 24, 2009

Here we go again!!

We had a rough night last night. Landon woke up a couple time screaming. The first time he fell back to sleep after a few minutes, but the second time, which was somewhere around 2:30 or so he just screamed and screamed, then started calling out for "mommy, mommy." I got him and tried to rock him in Jordan's room. He was really wheezing and was having a really hard time breathing. I was too uncomfortable, so took him to our bed. He just tossed and turned, and sounded really bad so I took him to the recliner in the basement. He would not go to sleep, so after an hour and a half, or so of fighting to try to get him back to sleep, I put him back in his bed and he fussed a few minutes and went back to sleep.

So, he was really bad in the morning, so back to the doctor we went. I was excited because we got our favorite nurse:) Landon weighed in at 29 lbs. She heard his wheezing right away and got the nebulizer set up before the doctor even came in. He sat so nice and still while I did the treatment. The doctor examined him before and after, and it helped, so home came the neb with us again. She thinks it is pneumonia, and sent us for chest x-rays. I was surprised because we didnt' have to do that last October when he had it.

So, I made a call to get Spencer taken care of, (thank you tons Carla) filled Landon's 2 prescriptions since the grocery store is right next to the pediatrician, then we went home for his blankie-his comfort item-and headed out for the Radiology clinic.

This is where I realized that when your child is sick and you are really worried, all common sense leaves your brain. See, we have to go to this Radiology group called Fairfax Radiology, which has multiple offices. I immediately thought, "oh, yeah, the place I get my sonograms when I am pregnant. I gotta drive all the way out there, how annoying. " So I go, and am stuck in horrible traffic. Since the cars were creeping along, I decide to look at the paper to make sure I know exactly where I am going. It then hits me, there is one in Springfield, about 12 minutes from home....duh I go to the other further away place because this one near home doesn't do sonograms....duh....we took Lanny to the Springfield one when he was an infant to check on the tear in his lung....duh...why don't you look at the paper before you leave the doctor's office.....where is your brain?

Luckily I was right near an exit and made a quick turn around. So I wasted about 35 minutes, things could be worse. It was awesome because they got us in and out really quick. Landon was PERFECT!!! He was so good. He sat still, only needing help to tip his head up. He was soo good, and event he tech commented on how well he did!! There was a lady in the waiting room who told me her son has asthma and had pneumonia a lot. That wasn't really fun to hear, although I had my suspicions last time. I think a couple people in my family have it, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Here is the little trooper. Poor thing had to be woken up to ge the xrays.
Landon has been so good with the treatments. He sits still and lets us do it. It really helps that he gets to watch some Elmo while we do it!!
On a more positive note, I picked up Jordan's bed tonight!! I am so excited because the guy left it all together and it fit right in the pickup I borrowed-thanks Sherri-so now there isn't too much for me to do!! The guy was super, super nice. He went and bought rope and it down for me. HE kept saying he would feel so bad if it fell out. I just have to say Yeah!!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Poor little Landon...I hope he's all better soon!

AceMott6 said...

Oh...I know all to well how your feeling!! We don't even have to return our neb., it gets used so often our insurance covered it.

rachael said...

I am so sorry to hear about Landon. It's so fustrating when your kids are sick. I hope all gets better.