Monday, April 13, 2009

A Nightmare

I had a nightmare this morning...don't worry, nothing really "scarry" just scarry for me. See,I am registered to do a 5K race in a few weeks at Jordan's school. It is for the Autism program in the preschool. I say "do" because I am not so sure I will be actually ready to "run" it, maybe jogging, probably walking.

So on to the nightmare. I woke up early this morning, well, I guess I can say Darin woke me up when he was getting ready. I told him I needed to get up and exercise. He tried his best to help me get up, but I fell back asleep. In this time I had a really freaky dream. I showed up the morning of the race, and there were tons of people and I couldn't find Jill and Lea, who I doing the race with. (I have already been worried that I will slow them down tons-Lea runs every morning and Jill is surely in better shape than me) Anyhow, I found them after getting my shirt, then I couldn't figure out my number and the rain poncho they said I needed to wear. And the tshirt they gave me was too tight. The race began and I was confused about the route, then I lost Jill and Lea. I was screaming for them,but never found them. I was among the last runners to go, and kept getting lost. In my dream I had to go over some really rocky terrain, then under some branches and around rocks and I couldn't fit through. I remember thinking "this is crazy for a little elementary school 5K." There was a lady with her daughter and I passed them, then somehow got into a building and it was like doing a maze. There was a point where a guy wouldn't let me go on until I went to the bathroom-wierd I know. Then I had to continue running around shoes, and through a room with suitcases and shoes all over. I remember being the last one to get to the school and felt horrible, then I woke up.

Crazy....what the heck does it mean? Too much Easter Candy, or a nice wake up call that if I don't get exercising I will look pretty silly at the race. So I got up and just finished a 1/2 hour walking video. At least I know I can walk 2 miles in half and hour, so even if I can't manage to jog the whole time, I can walk the rest and still finish reasonably well.

1 comment:

Darin said...

Two lessons from this dream: (1) you need to prepare for your run, and (2) you should just get up when your husband tells you to:)