Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sucessful Swim Lessons!!

We just finished our first session of swim lessons this summer. It was great!!! We went to the same pool we did last year. It is so nice to find one that you don't have to be a member to have lessons. Around here, all they have for pools is either in your subdivision, which we don't, or small private swim clubs. I only know of one public pool. Where I grew up, there were only public pool.

Anyhow, we went 4 days in a row for 2 weeks, and the kids did sooo well! The really progressed and it was well worth the money-and the teacher didn't even up her price from last year:) Here are the highlights:



Jordan:

Jordan started level 2. She was not too happy about it, but ended up doing well because one of her classmates was in the class. This was actually a little girl that wouldn't do it earlier in the summer, but I told her mom about it, and when she found out Jordan was in it, she got right in. Peer Pressure!!

Jordan started the lessons hesitant about many of the skill, but tried all of them but one in the end. The only thing she did not do was jump off the diving board.

The first day they learned to "dive" into the 6 feet, she wouldn't do it. We bargained for a highly valued toy and she did it the last day of class!! Way to go Jordan!!

The class was learning how to do the freestyle with ther faces in the water, but she really struggled with this. The last day of class she decided to try it. Her main concern was how was she going to plug her nose....

Spencer:

Spencer started in level 1. The first day of class I had to get in the water and walk him to his teacher. He is really hesitant to try new things. He started the class not wanting to put his face in the water at all, but the last couple days he was doing it!! He really progressed as well.


My cute little surfer!! Doesn't he look so cute here?



Spencer would get so proud to tell me he was going to put his face in. Sooo cute!!!
Landon:

No lessons for him yet, but he sure loved the baby pool soo much!!He would just play and play and play. It was a little tricky because the older 2 were always wanting to go in the "big" pool. Therir lessons were in the 2 -3 ft. part of the pool. I would try to take Landon, and even though he could touch, he didn't like it. Well, towards the middle of the second week when I was putting sunscreen on Spencer, Landon decided that he could do the "big" pool. The last couple days we barely went in the baby pool, much to the pleasure of the older 2.

This is how Landon kept busy during Spencer's lessons the day I had the camera-I only took it the last day because I didn't want anything to happen to it.


Future lifeguard.....
or maybe cabana boy?

We are excited to go back for 2 more weeks in August after our vacation!!

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Awesome Swimming! I LOVE to swim. So eventually, I'm going to put my kids in swim lessons too. I think Bree is old enough to start now, and I even think they teach a Mommy and Baby class for Elle and I :)

Summer fun, you've got to love it!

rachael said...

Wow, great job Jordan! I can't believe she's swimming. Caleb had lessons last year and he didn't do very well. This year, we haven't been to the pool once. I miss it, but we've had alot of fun in our backyard little pool.

Riley does not like the water! Which is really hard on everyone else. I guess that's the reason we haven't been to the pool. What on earth do I do with Riley while Caleb is in the pool??? I don't know....

But Congrats to your kids. Swimming is awesome fun!!