Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A new possiblility

I was really excited about something today. It is quite evident that I have a love of photography and want to pursue it as a side business. Well today I went to the pool with a friend from Spencer's preschool. I will be babysitting her little girl next week, so we met at the pool.....blah blah blah..

Anyhow we were talking about the renovations at Lee RecCenter and I told her I am taking a photography class there. I told her about getting my camera and wanting to do it for money some day. I told her if she ever wanted family pics I would do it to practice. We got talking more, and she told me she could get me lots of business from her business-she runs Walking Paws which is a petsitting and dog walking service. She said her clients would pay to have pictures with pets because most studios don't do it. She told the basics of how to get a small business off the ground-I am not sure I am ready for that, but she did say that if I wanted to earn money around the holiday season she would give all her clients a flyer if I made one up. I never thought about the pet population, but she seems to think I could do pretty well, and if I had a website, she would link it to hers.

Gives me lots to think about!! I love dogs and cats...why not take their pictures!! Just have to get a little more confident with my camera, then little doggies, here I come:)

3 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds interesting... I'd never thought of that?!

Miller Family said...

Go girl! Happy practicing.

Chanda said...

That is so cool. Pet photography. I love it. It's nice getting caught up on your life.