Thursday, August 20, 2009

Recent happenings

I can't believe how fast the summer has been going-Wow!! School is in just under 3 weeks away-am I ready? Yup!

Just wanted to write about a few happenings lately. May take a couple posts, but here's one for tonight. We were home from Oregon for barely 24 hours when we started swim lessons again. We were really happy to have friends join us again. Jordan had her friend Karly to play with and Spencer had the Martin boys to pal around with. Plus they made friends with a sibling group that was in Spencer's class. I was so happy that they had not regressed, but did extremely well the first day back.

Jordan's strokes continued to improve and she loves swimming underwater. She is still a very hesitant to dive off the side into the 5 feet, despite the wonderful efforts of her teacher. Stubborn gal!! Despite that, I am so very proud of her progress.

Spencer got more and more brave. He started jumping off the sides and going under the water a lot more. He was sooo proud to say "mommy, watch me go under the water." I was just so proud of his progress. He loved playing with his friends.

Landon is CRAZY!! This kid is something else!! He watched Spencer in his lessons and started to sing Ring Around the Rosies, like the class does, then blow bubbles. He was also putting his face in the water. My bravest kid yet...hopefully not indicative of his teenage years-we may be in trouble!

Jordan jumping off the wall backwards.

Spencer jumping in.
I do want to get a membership to a pool in the next couple years. I think we would use it a lot. My kids really love the pool-and so do I. It is so nice to be in the water on a hot and humid day.


One day Jordan was my helper at dinner. She is doing this more and more. We have aprons and she insists we wear them. She was so cute this particular night. Landon had to have his apron on as well.
We have to wash our hands.



Thanks to my good friend Jill, we got an idea for a fun afternoon activity. It involved 2 things-marshmallows and toothpicks. Kept us occupied for a while. Lost track of how many went into 3 little mouths, but it was good fun.


Landon was more into eating them than making anything!
Spencer wanted a snake.
Such concentration
making a masterpiece

1 comment:

Lonni said...

You do the funnest things with your kids!! is funnest a word? Guess what?! Suzanne is my new neighbor!!! We moved next door. She's 3 steps away and we're having a great time. I haven't had time to work on my blog, but I will try!