Monday, January 18, 2010

We have been struggling lately with pulling Family Home Evening together lately. Like a roller coaster-goes up and down. So today I sat at the table with Jordan and Spencer to do some work. She was doing her homework and Spencer was doing a little workbook. I decided to dig out a book of FHE lessons I have and get going on one. I had a couple cut out and decided to work on more. I also figured I was missing my weekly dose of cutting and laminating that I do at Spencer's preschool every Monday.

This is the book I have. It had some great lessons. I've had it a couple years, but didn't think the kids could really understand. But now, they are ready for it, so I wiped the dust off and got to cutting!
So I did lots of cutting and laminating. I used contact paper, which is really tricky. If you try to do too large of an area, you would wish you had about 4 hands. It really sticks!! But I think it is cheaper to by a roll of contact paper than to take it somewhere to pay to have lamination done. I guess I should compare sometime.
Had a nice large pile of garbage by the time I was done. The only annoying thing was the amount of contact paper wasted. But now I have the experience so will do better next time!
Part of the finished product. The lesson is about testimonies and and what we need to have a strong foundation. Based on the scripture in Helaman. Each lesson has a scripture it is based on.
So it took us a while to get started, but finally made it through. Whew!!! Now I just hope the kids remember it!!

2 comments:

Lea said...

we have a couple of these fhe books. our kids absolutely love the lessons/activities in them! i agree-each lesson takes a lot of work to put together, but they are worth it!

Lynette said...

that is great! our FHE's are always boring...i need something fun like that!