Monday, February 8, 2010

Blizzared Report: Saturday

Would you like to open your door to this? Fun stuff but I'll get to that in minute.

Since we could not go out all day, we had to keep ourselves busy as we watched the snow get deeper and deeper and deeper. It was our second day of being home bound, so had to come up with lots to do. Funny how you can stay home all day on a Saturday and not think you are cooped up, but when you can't go out, you feel trapped.

Anyhow here's a few of the happenings:

played in each others bedrooms-Diego, Thomas, princess, barbies, animals
did art work-coloring, cutting, bendarooos
got into ice cream-Landon hid it in the footstool
watched movies on the pull-out sofa
ran around like a bunch of wild banchees

Good morning! This is what we saw Saturday morning when we woke up, and this wasn't even when it was over. Imagine a ton more on top of this!! It is so pretty, though!

Remember the bushes and the little bridge...don't know when we'll see them again. March? Maybe April? Hope they make it!


So after keeping busy all day finally-we ventured out. That is after the snow stopped completely. Darin wanted to open the door and shovel first, but he was not fast enough. The kids were dying to get out so they made their way over the final big mound of snow and down the steps, even though they couldn't see where they were. It shows tons of snow, but I had shoveled a little bit off as the day had gone on so we could get out easier-didn't work too well.

Landon had a really hard time getting out. He couldn't walk anywhere because the snow was so high on him so lasted about 10 minutes-literally. He kept himself busy playing in the front room for the time I was out with the other two. We didn't get too far since you could hardly walk in it and I was stressed out about the kids walking around and knocking snow on the sidewalks the neighbors had already shoveled. The next door neighbor is pretty cool about it since he has a baby now, but the end neighbors are a little uptight.
This pic is out of order but I loved it. Jordan had snow caked to her shirt when we came in and Spencer wanted to eat it. Funny.
Some views of the neighborhood before people were out. The icycles are on the boys window. Scary if one were to fall on you! Some of these were in the morning before it stopped, so there was more at the end of the day. It was sooo beautiful when it was untouched. It is also so quiet when you open the door and no one is out and about. A winter wonderland!Darin kept teasing me about my back, which conveniently started hurting right before the biggest snowstorms here in 100 years, so the doctor told me not to lift anything. I did feel guilty as he spent hours outside everyday shoveling snow and I couldn't help. Darin told me to just sit down in a snowbank and I would have a big icepack. So here I am icing my back. It actually felt good and relieved some pain!
More pics-sorry if they repeat. Soo much snow on the branches...so much snow on everything!!! Oh, this is after it ended...so look how much more the cars are covered than the early morning pictures.

Poor Darin has to do all the shoveling. I think I could do it, my pain has been dull lately, but then I think I would pay for it later. Ahhhhhh. Darin spent 3 hours trying to get the van out, then took a break and did more. He was so tired-poor guy.

More to come about our Sunday fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the beauty while it last. When we had our hard winter last year I was glad when it was over. No fun to shovel all the time. We are thinking of you in our warm temperatures up to 64 degrees! We need the snow for the Olympics 90 miles north of us. Send it over!

Chanda said...

That's a very pretty picture of you Wendi!