Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sledding Fun!!!

Darin was out shoveling and told me the neighbors said we could use their sled if we wanted. I was so excited because we haven't been able to find any sleds anywhere. Thy just don't carry them in stores here, except maybe a few at the beginning of the winter. Anyhow, we borrowed it and walked down to the end of the street. We are pretty lucky that there is a really great sledding hill at the end of our street. People come to the street just to sled there.

Anyhow, the kids have never been sledding before. We got there and I sent them down and the LOVED it!! The took to it instantly, which I am very happy about. I grew up sledding and tubing and would have been very sad and disappointed if they didn't like it. One house we lived in we had our own hill and would sled everyday. We had those long orange sleds that were awesome.

When I was really little one of my uncles worked at John Deere and would bring home the inner tubes from tractor tires and would blow them up for us to go tubing. We would drive out into the country and find great hills in farming country. We would pack as many people on a tube as we could....sooo fun!! Such awesome memories.

This is the view I had from the bottom of the hill as I watched the kids come down.
Here they are walking up from the first time down. The were so cute carrying the sled together.
I just really liked this shot.

My favorite shot of Jordan
Up the hill again.
random shots. I love the one of Spencer just laying in the sled as he goes down the hill.

Jordan tries to pull Spencer up the hill. Going up and down the hill didn't bother her at all. Half the time when Spencer would go down, she would roll down the hill after him.
It really was a perfect day to go. It wasn't too cold and was really calm-no wind which makes for happy children.

Here we have the tunnel we dug in the huge snowbank

Ahhhhh.... I just lost a pic of Jordan in the tunnel-one too many backspaces. I think Blogger needs to make the software so you can insert pics where you want....

Oh well....here's Spencer in the tunnel. I love this pic-it is one of my favorite from all the storms. So cute!

No comments: