Thursday, February 11, 2010

Here we go again!!

Here we go again!! Another Blizzard, and this time when I say Blizzard, I really mean it. It started snowing again on Tuesday afternoon, lucky enough after I had already been to WalMart and the grocery store. And boy was that crazy!!

We woke up on Wednesday to some seriously wild winds. It was blowing sideways! Really crazy-then I would look and it would be blowing the other way. The good thing was that it wasn't accumulating as much as the previous storm and our neighbors big truck blocked a lot of wind so not as much blew between his car and ours. Darin shoveled the night before to get a jump on it. It lasted for a while on Wed, then died down in the afternoon. There was lots of drifting as well-from the wind. This was the type of storm I am used to seeing from growing up in Wisconsin. I remember drifting was a huge problem when I was little. You would be driving along and the road would be clear, then out of nowhere there would be a big drift and you would be stuck. That happened here in this storm. They showed pictures of trucks stuck in massive snow drifts. Crazy wind!!

Here are some shots from during the day.
Our lilac tree out back. Really is pretty with the snow on the branches.
cool icycles on the railing out back
I thought it was cool how it stuck to the door.
want to open the door? And this was after I knocked some of the snow off the doorknob
various shots of out back. We have to keep going out to check the drain-if it gets clogged it will flood through the back door-we learned that he hard way a couple years ago. And when this snow melts, uh oh!!

the bottom two pics were taken from the dining room table looking out back.
I wish the pictures could show the wind. It was really blowing so hard.


So another day inside-well, we did venture out later after it died down. More to come on lots of fun stuff we did to keep busy:)

No comments: