Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I thought I had a high pain tolerance.....

until this pain hit and I have had many crying fits in the last few days.

I woke up last week with a combination of major cramps-and very rarely get them- and some weird lower back hip sort of pain. Sharp pinching feeling along with an aching burning sensation. Very strange.

Felt better the next day- then by Friday I was even ok enough to take the kids to the movies. It was still there, but much less. Saturday was ok, but then again Sunday it was worse.

Woke up on Monday in pain. Took the kids to the Blacks and ran errands, took Jordan to a friends, then went home and had a hot shower and laid down while Landon napped and Spencer watched a movie. I tried to function the best I could while walking like an old lady all hunched over.

Then I started making dinner and things got ugly. I put a sheet of fries in the oven-actually a stone which is heavier-and when I went to turn them, my back gave out and I dropped the stone and they all fell on the floor. Here starts one of the crying fits.

Darin took over and let me lay down for the rest of the night. I did try to eat dinner at the table but the pain was excruciating.

Darin gave me a blessing before bed. I was assured the doctors would figure out what was wrong and told to listen to inspiration from Heavenly Father. Had a long night of hurting-with a couple spells of sleep. In the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, I thought that I would much rather be healing from a c-section. Seriously.

I don't mean to complain, just giving the facts. I hurt. I seriously hurt.

Went to the dr. this morning. She thinks I may have bulging discs causing a nerve to be pinched at the root causing pain. I wondered why it would be only on one side, so I guess it depends where the nerve is located. She gave me some pain pills and a steriod to take. I went and had an xray, so hopefully it will show something.

So my friend Carla kept the kids and took Spencer to school and kept Landon all afternoon. She even brought all the kids home including the 2 I watch. She's my angel. I took a pain pill and then I laid on the couch all afternoon. Watched Dr. Phil about bullies and Oprah who had the kids of Wanda Barzee who helped kidnap Elizabeth Smart.

I think I am going to try to make the kids some dinner. Maybe...saw a cute thing in a Family Fun at the doctor-put uncooked spagetti in hot dog chunks and cook it-comes out like little squid. My kids like both, so hopefully it will go over well.

I only took 1 pain pill and it didn't work as well as hoped, so I'm taking 2 at bedtime!

But my biggest problem my yet come today: What do I watch tonight? Lost, Biggest Loser or American Idol?

Some insights after doing this original post:

So, I just read the Nie Nie dialogue blog and am feeling pretty bad. How can I complain and carry on like I am going to die, when this woman is dealing with SOOO much more than I can ever imagine. She is growing skin on her back to graft to her neck so has a large hump-she even named it!! Her pain is probably 1000 time worse than mine. Goodness, she is such an AMAZING woman-so faithful and always looks on the bright side. I can do that-I am in pain, but I had a REST today. I have a wonderful husband who helped me and am amazing friend who took care of my kids and the ones I watch. Holy Cow am I blessed. I'll get better-I know it and I won't take my body for granted!!

5 comments:

Lea said...

i hope that you get better quickly!!

Ryann said...

I've been wondering what was going on. couldn't tell from your facebook statuses. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wendi, I hope you feel better soon! So you can continue your WII workouts :) They sound fun!

Leslie Green said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie! We can be the wonder twins. Don't feel bad about reading Nie Nie and having those thoughts. It's happened to me to. But what's happening to you is new and not fun and it's okay to own that. If you can draw strength from her, that's great, but try not to compare. And I'll read this anytime I start to do it. It's easy to do.

Tatiana said...

Sorry to hear about this, Wendy. I can honestly say that I know how you are feeling. Remember when we were roomies and I had a pinched sciatic nerve. couldn't walk, lay down or stand in the shower? I still remember the demerol shot and me thinking that the numerous thumb tack holes in the wall were bugs walking up and down...lol. The point is, there will be healing. We will keep you in our prayers.