Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a day in the life

I just sat down to do this while Jordan, who is home sick, is supposed to be doing her homework due tomorrow, suddenly starts to whine for me. I have lots of posts I want to do-have been too sucked in by the Olympics and other projects at night to do them. But today I wanted to get a post in just to get back in the saddle.

My day started bright and early. Here goes:

3:30ish am: Jordan is suddenly standing by my bed covered in puke. "mommy, I threw up in my bed." Yup, she did. lots. Quick wash down, clean clothes and remade the pain in the butt loft bed after just having done her linens yesterday!!

After I put her back to bed, carried Landon back to his bed from ours. I didn't even know he was in our bed because he was in a little ball snuggled up in the fold of Darin's knees and rear end. That kid.....
*any ideas about how to keep a nearly 3 year old from coming in your bed every night are most welcome.

5:50am: wake up afraid I overslept for the start of my physical therapy which is at 6:30. Think to myself "oh, I can sleep for about 10 more minutes...not a morning person, remember!! Wake up at 6:08 and fly into the shower. Run out the door at 6:20 and walk into the PT place right at 6:30. Really like the physical therapist. Learned a lot and was given some exercises to do at home.

7:30 arrive home and try to get Jordan up. She has a slight temp, but has dark eyes and isn't looking too hot. She keeps telling me "my tummy hurts." She has water to drink, but won't eat anything. Keep her home from school.

Feed kids and get them dressed.

9:30 ish let kids watch Word World and Dinosaur Train so I can mop and clean kitchen and dining room.

10:30-10:45 ish finish and do some writing with Spencer. He's doing really well. After that he gets picked up by a friend and goes to school. Jordan has a nice long nap on the couch.

12:30 ish I start to smell something foul in the living room. I take the trash bag out thinking that was it from the chicken guts from lat night. Still smell, can't figure it out. Then I got to sit by Jordan and ask here how she is felling. "I peed" she tells me. Two things-good thing we have a leather couch, and good thing I did at least put a sheet down for her to lay on while she rested on the couch. Don't really think Lysol type wipes are meant for leather couches, but this called for a massive wipe down. Living room no longer stinks.

I take her Landon up for a bath. The play forever while I finish watching the Bachelor in my bedroom. Hey now, no judging.

Landon was quite insistent on wearing underwear after his bath. I got out a pair, but it had "james" on it and not "thomas" He would NOT let me put a diaper on him. I thought ok, we'll get settled, then I'll start to take him every few minutes. Jordan got dressed, then we started downstairs. Within about 10 minutes, he was on the steps and said "I peed." Oops. Didn't think it would come so fast. We got a diaper this time, but Landon did put his own pants on. Getting closer.....Glad we did put a diaper on because then he was poopy within a few minutes of that.

We finished as much of Jordan's homework as I understood (Spanish) and read for 15 minutes, now she and Lanny are watching a video.

I just checked the barfed laundry and it needs to go through again. Now I have a few minutes 'til I pick the boys up from school-yes, it's plural-I have Patrick today.

But I saved the best for last: after I pick the boys up, I'm going to pick up the Girl Scout Cookies Jordan sold...Samoas tonight!!

3 comments:

kristi said...

what an awful no good yucky day. hope tomorrow is better. you're a good mommy taking care of all that.

Leslie Green said...

That's WAY too many bodily fluids for one day!!! Gosh, I hope today is better for you!! Is Jordan feeling better today?

BanFam said...

Ohh wendy your terrible day made me laugh so hard. Hope you all feel better soon.