Monday, February 8, 2010

Start of the Blizzard on Friday

The snow started falling about 10:00 am and kept up all day, well into Saturday. It didn't actually start sticking until the evening. This was truly a weatherman's dream come true. "The Big One!!" And boy did they milk it as much as they could!!! The news covered it all day-I mean non stop!!! Really overkill, if you ask me. There wasn't much more they could tell us during the day...yes, it's snowing.

Anyhow the kids were out of school because the county is wimpy. They really could have had a half day at least since it didn't start sticking until late afternoon. Oh well.... This is just growing up in Wisconsin that is talking. When it snows there we don't talk like it is the end of the world....well, I guess you shouldn't compare since this area really isn't equipped to deal with it. I just think of all the people in the area from Africa, India, and South America-this has to be really something for them!

Darin got to come home early, so that was nice. He did a last minute grocery store run for me, which helped so much. My visiting teacher came and cleaned up for me since my back had been hurting. I watched the news about how there are no shovels to be had and people are panicked and the grocery stores are running out of everything.

So here is the view out of our front door at the beginning.

Here's a view of our front yard area. Notice the bushes and little bridge, but it will be gone soon.


We did pretty well keeping busy since it was only the beginning. The kids played really good for most of the morning. The played "doggie camping" going to the "vet," "princess" and lots of other stuff. Toys are scattered all around the house. In the afternoon when I wasn't feeling much pain, we started a little activity I picked up for Spencer. A dinosaur mosaic. It proved to be a bit more complicated than I figured. Spencer started to do a few, but then gave up. It was a fun type of thing to do, but not for a 4 year old! I ended up finishing it by myself.


Here is Jordan's preferred snow day outfit. Why not? We're not heading out anytime soon! This series of pics was just after Jordan informed me that a little boy in her class is taking her on a date...uh oh...what's to come in 10 years? She did all the posing herself....double uh oh!

She is pretty cute, if I do say so myself!



Oh Landon, poor little guy. Mommy was too lazy and sore to try to get you down for a nap, and you have had it. Being told "no" one too many times is just too much to take!







Help me mommy!






Here's Spencer heading out on a trip. Don't know where he is going, but he is ready!






Funny kid!


Here's Landon about 5:30 is-he could not take it any longer. But, it proved to be a bad decision to let him have a nap-he did go to bed but woke up wide awake and wanted books read to him about 3:30 am. I was up with him for about an hour and a half or so, then thanks to his blankie, he finally dozed back off until morning.





The tree out front just before bedtime.










The bushes and bridge are slowly disappearing in a blanket of snow!








Goodnight cars-maybe we'll see you in the morning!






Stay tuned for more!











No comments: