Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mommy and daddy's bed is sooo much better!

Mommy and daddy's bed is really much better.

Last night was a bit traumatic for Jordan. She fell at the pumpkin patch the day before. I regret to admit that we probably did not clean it well enough right when it happened. To my credit, I was trying to keep track of a troop of 13 Brownies at the time. A friend of mine offered to help, but Jordan would not let anyone help.

So I noticed she was getting a blood blister. I put the boys in the tub to play and went to work on her knee with peroxide and cotton balls. Holy torture!! I had to call Darin up to calm her and hold her arms so I could at least put some peroxide on it. I could still see dirt, so I was really trying to get it clean. (And this is after a bath last night after it happened)

We got it cleaned up and put on band aids and neosporin. Afterwards I had Darin telling me my nursing skills are lacking. He said he would have held her down and scrubbed it.

Yeah right.

I wish I had a picture of her face anytime I would get near her. So bedtime was traumatic. She insisted in sleeping in her clothes so she wouldn't have to pull her skirt over her boo boo and then have to put pants on over.

Serious drama here.

She fought going to bed, so as the weary parents we so often are after fighting her to go to sleep, Darin authorized her to fall asleep in our bed. We didn't hear from her again.

What we found when we went up to bed.
This is actually the first thing we saw on the door.

Yeah, no thanks to me at all. Darin thoroughly enjoyed this note.
So, the bed thing doesn't end with Jordan. A small creature found his way to our bed about 4:00. Spencer.

He is horrible when he comes to our bed. He insists on kicking the covers off. I keep trying to pull them up, so he then goes to the end of the bed, thus limiting the movement of my legs else I kick him in the head. They he comes close to falling off many times, so I sleep horribly.

Landon joined us between 6:30 and 7:00. At least he slept on Darin's side and didn't interfere with my sleep.

What I found when I got up this morning.

I don't think it will ever end. It's just life-mommy and daddy's bed is much better!!

No comments: