Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Not to be left out!

We are starting something new this year that we haven't had to do for the past 4 years....we are now paying for preschool:( I was very sad about the fact that Landon would not be able to go to Rose Hill for preschool. I think I was actually in denial for a while. I kept waiting for someone to tell me it was all a joke. They are not doing the model children any more. It is a huge crock, really. They said it was because of ratios, but all the preschool classes have only have 4-5 kids. But that's a soapbox for another day. I just miss that preschool so much.

So I was very late in signing Lanny up for a preschool. Oh and a couple of the sign up days were when Darin was TDY, so I couldn't leave the house at 5am to get in line. So I ended up on the wait-list at 2 schools. One a co-op, where you have to go work to get the reduced tuition, and one at the local RECenter. The second being my preference. Well, just at the end of the school year, I was hired on at the RECenter to teach classes this fall. So I was put on the wait list. They called in August to tell me they had an opening. The other place called a few days later, but we choose the RECenter. It is more expensive, but the facility is fabulous. The classrooms are huge, and they get to use the facility-a huge gym-there's a PE teacher who comes once week, the soft play room, a great playground, etc. I was super excited. It is where I would have wanted the other 2 to go if they hadn't gone to Rose Hill.

We had an open house the day before school started. We found out there is a little girl we know in Landon's class so that is good. It is funny because she will run up to him and give him a hug and he will stand there with a look like "what the heck are you doing. " It's funny how at only 3 they are so "boy" and "girl." Lanny seemed to like the classroom, but I don't think he really knew what was going on.

Here he is at "circle" when his teacher was reading a book. The little girl with the flowery dress in front of him is the one we know.

Hmmm, we'll have to work on sitting in circle time!

Walking up to the RECenter the first day of school. Every day he walks, well actually runs, on the stones, not the sidewalk.
Here's Landon finding his name. He is in the "Dolphin" class. Every day there are small dolphins on the table that the kids have to find and put in a basket. So they can recognize what they're name looks like. Landon finds his pretty quickly. Landon had some funny faces his first day. I don't think he really know what was going on.

What the heck is going on here?
I'm a Dolphin? (all the classes have names so you know which class people are talking about-specific teachers, days and times.)
Hanging up his backpack by his name.

Landon kept asking me to stay, but once he hung up his backpack and sat down at the table to play with the puzzles, he was fine. It was weird to walk away with out him. He has been my little buddy for 3 years. It was weird to be alone for the 4 hours he was at school. I ran some errands. did some shopping, went to lunch by myself....very different for me.

When I picked him up, the first thing out of his mouth was "I wasn't crying." So cute. It was fun to hear how his day was. He is liking school, I think. Tuesdays are harder since he has 4 days with no school, but as soon as we get there he is fine. We don't usually have a problem on Thursday. Some days he asks me to stay, but he is fine when I drop him off. I really like his teacher and the assistant as well. A friend of mine's little girl was in the Dolphin class and she really loved the teachers. It is a great preschool, so I'm pretty excited. The facility is great! They get to use the gym, playground, and they have already been able to play in the soft play room, which was awesome for Landon -he loves that place.

Landon is going to have a great year!

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, is that weird to have your baby in pre school? Time goes by so fast! Ah....what are you going to do with time to yourself? Run all your errands! ha..ha..