Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Seriously

First of all, I laughed hysterically this morning when I saw a mom wearing one of Jordan's dresses!!! I did a double take when I saw it...just weird to see an adult woman wearing it when I am used to my 7 year old wearing it. And she wasn't super tiny, either. It was a bit tight. I know there are some cute things for little girls that some adult women would like, but really....how many women who aren't super tiny really shop in the little girls section? So funny.

Next, I am not impressed with my experience shopping at Aldi today. First of all, it was further down RT. 1 than I thought. Next you have to put a quarter in to get a cart. So if you don't have one, you are either out of luck, or you have to go somewhere to get change, which adds time to your limited schedule. Luckily I found one at the bottom of my bag.

So I got all my shopping done and went to check out only to find that you have to pay a dime for plastic bags and 6 cents for paper!!! Seriously? Ok, would have brought some bags from home if I would have known that part.

Not liking Aldi at this point.

Finally, they only take cash and debit. I didn't see any signs, either. I was really annoyed that I either had to leave the groceries I had taken the time to put in my cart, or use ALL the cash I had in my wallet. Seriously annoying since they used to take checks. Who doesn't at least take checks? Well, I guess when you are in a not so nice part of town, debit and cash are the best bet. And the whole quarter in the cart thing probably does reduce the cart theft.

When you need a lesson on how to shop at a certain store, I'm not sure it's worth it. Don't think I'll hurry back there anytime soon.

4 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like quite the shopping experience! Can't believe you have to pay for your grocery bags too. What a rip!!

Dan and Sharon said...

the one down here is a bit nicer and has a great thrift store next two it

kristi said...

good info to know about. sorry you had to learn the hard way but thanks for passing it on.

Leslie Green said...

They're a German store and that's how it's done in Europe. I'm not saying that you should love it...but it was the norm for me for the whole last year!! Yikes!! Remember how you would even have to pay for a wheelchair at the hospital?