Saturday, November 21, 2009

Great Day!!!

Wow, what a great day today has been. It started pretty early when Spencer crawled into our bed at 6:00 am. Then Landon followed a few minutes later. It was a pretty funny thing the next little while. Although I love the 3 men in my life, I value sleep as well. I had a headache and was already nervous enough about the photo shoot I was going to do at 8:00, so wanted to sleep as long as I could. I went to Landon's bed. He followed. I took him back to the bed with his dad and went back to his bed. Then Spencer came in and wanted to be right next to me...practically on top of me. I tried to slip back into my bed, both boys followed. Darin was laughing at me. We ended up having a tickle-fest with the boys and got out of bed around 6:45. A few minutes later Jordan woke up in a wet bed...yuck.

So I got ready and drove to Old Town to take pictures of a family in my ward. It was really fun. I took lots of different shots-family, individual, girls, boys, etc. I was just hoping I had all the settings right-trying to remember everything I learned in my class and hide my nervousness at the same time. Luckily the kids were older and very cooperative. It was really fun. I had to look at the pictures right when I got home. Some were really good, I was happy. I played around a little bit in photoshop elements to do some editing.

I took Jordan to a birthday party then stopped and got some yummy bread from Great Harvest. I was home only a few minutes-long enough to shower, feed me and the boys and put Landon down for a nap. So off I went to my last photography class. I was excited to have my laptop to show my pictures of this morning and get some tips. I was thrilled to have my teacher pull up elements and show me some stuff. I was worried about a couple faces being over exposed and he showed me some stuff. He said that elements does a lot more than he thought it would. There is a lot you can do. He even showed me how to move a face around...I will need tons of practice.

I ran ( this is kind of boring, but I wanted to document the day...) to the grocery store, which was a big mistake the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Then I was home again less than an hour then was off again to do a photo shoot for another family!! Woo Hoo...so fun. So I went this time to Huntley Meadows for a more outdoorsy setting. It was fun, again. The kids were smaller and I had to work a lot harder for some little smiles but we did well. The scenery was so pretty. I did forget to check the settings a couple times, but did get some really good shots.

We did the second shoot because an hour later we were doing a babysitting swap with the family I took pictures of. We had a fun time playing, making english muffin pizzas and having a picnic in the living room. I was pretty proud because it was the first time the parents have left the little boy-who is not quite 2-to go on a date. He did great! It was fun to see him do the things Landon did about a year ago.

So my day was pretty full. I am pretty glad my class is over so we can have Saturdays back to normal, but am excited to take a more extensive class next sememster. I am feeling more confident and know that I just need more practice and I can do this!! I was lacking the confidence I need and have been thinking that there are better photographers around here...not to mention 2 in my ward...but I am much more hopeful after today!!

Now to do some editing on 2 photo shoots....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good going! It's nice to see that you are enjoying taking pictures. You have always loved pictures so it would be great to make extra money doing something that you love. Plus we might get some good pictures of our grandchildren :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wendi,

You should post a few of your favorite pics that you took today on here, so that we can see your awesome work! Sounds like a fun day :)