Monday, September 1, 2008

A Father's Blessing

Warning: Sappy mother of a new kindergartner typing this entry!!

We have been discussing the start of kindergarten for some time now. I think today Jordan really began to understand what will happen tomorrow. I went through it step by step and I could tell she was just thinking. She just put her head down on the bed. I got the feeling she was a little nervous. She has had a fever the last couple days and hasn't really been up to par. So we had family prayer and Daddy went in to put her to bed.

They waited for me to come in and then I was witness to one of the sweetest things for an LDS mother-I was able to see Darin administer her first Father's Blessing. She was so cute-a girl who is usually squirmy in prayers and likes to take nibbles during meal blessings. She sat on her chair and folded her arms so cute, put her head down and closed her eyes. I couldn't help but watch her during the whole sweet blessing. Darin gave her many blessings, most importantly that she would be able to learn listen to her teachers, learn Spanish and make friends. She opened her eyes a couple times, but closed them quickly. After the blessing she looked up at Darin with the sweetest expressing and layed her head on his lap. OH....my heart was so full I just wept. I know she was feeling the spirit as I was becauses he was so calm. She said sweetly "I opened my eyes a couple times, but then I closed them." So sweet!!!

1 comment:

rachael said...

It's those moments that make parenting worth all the sacrifies it takes to raise a child.

I can't wait to read about her first day of school!!