Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am not afraid to admit it.....

I went to the Celine Dion concert! I told Darin I would love to go, and he surprised me with tickets on Saturday. I know there are closet fans out there....It was a great concert. I was also pretty exciting because our seats were in section 400-the top section in the Verizon Center. We made it up the last escalator and there weren't really too many people around us at the time. There was an employee at the top of the steps. She asked us if there were only 2 of us, so we said yes. She asked if we wanted to move closer. My jaw almost dropped and I must have looked dumb founded. Darin said yes and we were given replacement tickets to move to section 116!The seats were right behind the control booth, just up from the last row of floor seats. They must have thought they weren't the greatest viewing, but they were great!

Here's the control area with all the computers, etc. It was cool to watch the cameras change on the monitors. At one point they steamed in a video of Andrea Bocelli and there was a monitor with just him, just Celine, and one together. Celine is so tiny!! She wears very high heals and moves around with ease!! The ramps were really steep on the sides, so I was impressed with how easily she moved around. She was pretty showy and dramatic-moving her hands around, etc. But man can she sing!!! She also sang a song in French and I really liked that.
There were lots of elevator lifts that moved her and the awesome dancers up and down.

Of course she ended with the titanic song, but the audience completely ate it up. The ladies behind me saw me looking at my pics on my camera and offered to pay me to e-mail them. So I have 2 email address and one sweet girl was by herself and didn't have e-mail, so I got copies made to send her. She was sooo excited about getting to move down closer.
So there ya have it...I loved it and still love Celine:)

Oh, I almost forgot, the opener was hysterical. His name was Gordy Brown and he was a comedic singer impersonator. He made fun of a ton of singers and actors and was soooo funny. Look him up if you want to laugh.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Wendi! I had no idea that you were into Celine. Sounds like a fun concert. What a sweet surprise.

Josh said...

That's awesome! Glad you guys got to move forward. Sounds like you had a blast! The Titanic song is the best. Doesnt just make you cry everytime and want to say "Jack dont let go!! Wake up! You can still be together!" :)

Josh said...

This is karalee by the way. No josh doesnt cry at titanic. I wish he did though. That would be a youtube moment! ;)