Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I am not a soccer mom

OK, there have been so many posts lately entitled "I'm a soccer mom" that I couldn't resist!
We are just little kindergartners at this point. I was too late to get into a gymnastics class, and were on the fence with soccer, so we are just concentrating on school for now. I didn't get to do any extras when I was in elementary school so I don't think Jordan will be too damaged for now. She really does want to take gymnastics, so I have to look into that.

I thought I would share some new experiences we have had since school started.

The cause much of my...what's it called...oh road rage, but in this case parking lot rage these days! The dreaded kiss and ride line. It is, well how shall I say it...h#*^ every afternoon!!! You pull into the very small parking lot and form 2 lines.
You go around the curve, then ...
two lines become one!! This is the source of my frustration. Cars that don't let another car ahead. And I also hate that when I have sat for 10-20 minutes a car that came in behind me somehow gets ahead....ugh. I have tried going at all different times to minimize how long Jordan has to sit and wait, but since they bring the kindergartners out first, she inevitably has to sit forever. I ask myself how many years do I have to do this....the bus sure sounds soooo good right about now!!
This next picture isn't about school, just what the kids did with daddy when I asked him to occupy them so I could make dinner.
School Clothes: pink, pink, pink. Have you ever seen Steel Magnolias? This is what Jordan reminds me of:

Pink is my signature color....my colors are blush and bashful!!

I don't know how much more pink she could have in her wardrobe, but as long as she will wear it I shouldn't complain.
Pink backpack as well, and pink "princess" shoes.
I went to back to school night and this was on the wall. One of her first projects. So cute. I did talk to one of her teachers and asked if she was quiet in class. It was her Spanish teacher. She said that Jordan never talks in class....if only at home.....
Homework!!
Jordan's first homework was Spanish, so I told Darin he had to help her. He was frustrated because Jordan kept saying "my teacher told me how to do it." I guess part of the directions were cut off. They managed to do it, but Darin looked like he would rather have been in a dental chair:) If you know Jordan, she is pretty head strong...so homework will be fun! I was happy, though, because I know she is listening in class. A bunch of the parents said their children did not know how to do it. The teacher said she showed them 3 days in a row, and Jordan did just what she showed us on back to school night. Some of the parents are concerned that the directions will always be in Spanish. Good thing we have Darin-put his Spanish to good use:)



2 comments:

Ryann said...

We missed the cut off for most after school activities. Although, Em will start a science class one day a week next week. Should be really fun for her.

And that kiss and ride! It is awful and I'm glad that I no longer have to do it. However, as I walked from my car to the courtyard for Em's classroom, I would have traded. It was cold and raining. Soon that will be my life!

Fun to see Jordan in pink. Since Em has no choice about what to wear, it is nice. Although, she has no after school clothes-we need our shipment that badly! All we have are the summer clothes. Only ten days to go-I can make it!

Janna said...

First off, I am so sorry you were so sick! That sounds pretty lame to say after the fact.
Secondly, I am glad to hear Lucas is not the only one not doing all the things I feel like I'm behind in getting him in.
That is all.