Tuesday, December 2, 2008

15 minutes

Did you know that 15 minutes goes by in a flash, but when uninterrputed, you can get a lot accomplished?

Well, for the last couple weeks, I have been trying this approach to getting things done. It is a little tricky with Lanny running around, but it is great. I have been told about this theory many times by various people, and have sort of tried it before. I decided to set my timer a couple weeks ago, and it totally works for my procrastinating type personality. With the timer running, I would try to get as much done as I could-I did it all day one day and it was amazing what I could do-even with the boys around. I would set it for 15 min then clean, then do 30 minutes and play for a while, then 15 again and clean some more. It also helped when doing the laundry because I would check a lot more.

I have done it a few more times since the first day, and found I really like it. For a personality like me- who is not the best at prioratizing time- having somthing like the timer to be accountable to really helped. I enjoyed seeing how much I could do before the timer beeped, and half the time I would forget about it until it went off...I would be just working away.

The only unfortunate problem is that I really don't have much of an excuse to not have my house clean....well, I will still probably blame it on 3 kids running around who within an hour of mopping manage to spill dinner all over the floor....

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Isn't that the truth! You clean and the kids mess it up right away! Good for you for finding something that works for you. I have found that my friend Bobbie deep cleans once a week and I have been inspired by her and am doing it regularly now. It feels so much better clean!