Monday, December 15, 2008

I can't believe I had never been here before!

We were invited to attend a birthday party for a friend's little girl last Saturday the Botanic Gardens. I was excited because I had never been there before. It was such a great trip!! We drove in and found an awesome parking spot. It was cold outside, but was so warm in the gardens. We all really loved it.

And can I just say that I love the new version of Picassa? The collages are so cool. I got a little carried away, but I love all these pictures.
Jordan and Spencer were very interested in the room with all the cactus. The wanted to touch them and feel the "sticky things." It was really cute. There were some funky cactus.


There was the coolest room with a train set made of all organic components-well, except the train. The volunteer said they had it outside last year, but moved it inside this year-pretty obvious why! We could have stayed in that room for an hour-Landon was so into the trains..he kept saying "choo choo."

Ah the flowers.....so beautiful!

There were models of DC landmarks made out of organic elements and it was truly fascinating. My kids love the Washington monument, so Jordan was so excited to see the replica.


If you are in the area and have not been down to see this display, make time to do it! You won't regret it!!




4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm suprised you have never been to the gardens. I thought for sure we did them for at least one play group. Those models are definitely worth the trip aren't they. It was great to see you today and visit a bit. I feel like we usually just exchange greeting when we exchange kids. Let's have a girls night sometime.

kristi said...

I'm so excited. we are going thursday. siena should LOVE the trains.

kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachael said...

I have been to the gardens there several times, but never at Christmas. I wish I would have thought of that. I bet it was AWESOME!! Caleb definitely would not have left the room if there was a train. He is more than ever in love with trains. Everything and anything can become tracks for a train. He's too much. I love that Landon likes trains. He'd love Caleb's bedroom right now, it's covered in trains.

You'll have to remind me about the Christmas exhibit at the gardens when we move back to Alexandria...(keep your fingers crossed, we only have two more years left here). Miss you and your family bunches!!