Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm in Utah....again!

Yes, I was just here, but my old roommate I had when I was married got married today!! It has been a great day. Amy was so beautiful in her wedding dress and was just so happy. She found a great man, and will be a mommy right away to his 2 youngest little girls who are so cute.

Luckily, I had a straight flight this time. It was pretty long, and there wasn't any empty seats, but it was nice to get off the plane at my final destination. Landon was pretty good, and the gentlemen next to me were patient. I was worried because the guy next to me pulled out a laptop to watch a movie, so I was scarred Lanny would do something, but there wasn't a problem. At one point when I got up to change his diaper, both men in my row stayed in the back chatting with people they knew for while and Lanny had fun playing peekaboo with the people behind us. We walked up the aisle a few times as well, and finally he fell asleep with an hour to go...then I got to read in my 3rd Twilight book!!

Oh, I am renting a car and when I got to the rental place, I was expecting a little car-we are only paying $9.00 a day, but they gave me a Jeep Patriot. The thing is huge-I am used to my minivan front end-this thing is a box on wheels, but fun to drive!

I am thankful for:

Dec 4th:
1. Darin being willing to stay home with the kiddies again so I could come to Utah.
2. Very nice and helpful people at the airport. When I went to get tags for my stroller and carseat to gate check them, the girl said "do you want to board now? " So I was the first one on the plane-I think even before first class! (When I took a walk with Lanny, I noticed he was the only child on the plane, as well.)
3. I am thankful there are still nice airlines out there that don't charge for the first bag-Delta doesn't. American charged $25.00 for your first bag!! And American charged a fee for using a frequent flyer ticket and Delta didn't...we need more miles for Delta!

Dec5th:
1. I am thankful for marriage, mine in particular:) Seeing Amy get married reminded me how much I love Darin and value our marriage. Makes me want to try harder to be better!
2. I am staying with my great friend Margaret and her cool husband Nathan-they are the ones who got married in October. I was able to see some good friends at the reception. I even saw my first Bishop when I moved to Ogden. I got to hang out most of the day with Suzanne who was another of my great friend most of the time I lived in Ogden....hopefully I can come back for her wedding sometime next year:) Tomorrow I am visiting another close friend and her cute little family! So fun!
3. I am thankful to Darin's aunt and cousin who took care of Lanny for me today. Apparently had had a fit when I left, then was so overtired that Allison took him for a ride and he went to sleep. I am excited to see the rest of the family for dinner tomorrow!

When I came home from the reception tonight, Landon fell asleep in the car. The poor kid was going on less than an hour sleep all day. So I carried him in, changed him into his pajamas and he slept through it all! I laid him in the portacrib with hardly a sound from him!! So tonight hopefully he will stay asleep in the portacrib instead of on the couch with me:)

No comments: