Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday Fun

Baking Day!!!
I tried my hand at making some Christmas goodies this year. I made fudge, which I have never really done myself before. I also did some carmels and sat and wrapped them while I watched Mama Mia. Fun night:) Darin thought it was a lot of work, but he did like to eat them. We packaged some up to do some deliveries. It was really fun. I did a lot of "bar cookies" which I really liked for the efficiency! Big time savers when you are trying to get a lot done!!You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man!

The children were really excited to make gingerbread men. I felt like the dough turned out ok-it was yummy to eat. So the children all had their turn to cut some out. They had so much fun, and especially liked eating them:)

I think Landon likes them:)

Spencer has fun cutting out his cookies!!



Is Jordan so cute, or what? She was so excited...had been asking for days to make gingerbread men. She has a whole week long unit on gingerbread, and came home from school every day singing "you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man." She has so much fun doing the cookies. She really was excited to give some to her teachers.

Every year we go to this really nice lights display at a park in Maryland. You stay in your car and drive through. They collect food for a food drive, so it is for a good cause. We went on Saturday and had a lot of fun. Of course Spencer fell asleep on the way, but when I crawled in the back and put him on my lap, he was finally excited I meant to take lots of pics, but the view in the back seat of the minivan is not like the front seat:) The cars were going slow so we had lots of time to relish the lights. We especially liked a big crab and a big dinosaur, as well as lots of christmas tress, reindeer and funny penguins. It is a great place to go!



It says Winter Festival of Lights.



We really love Christmas in our house and have so much fun taking in all the sights, sounds and expecially flavors of the season!! Lots more to come!!



No comments: