Monday, December 15, 2008

Tender moments from a toothless grin

Jordan is so cute with her missing teeth. I think as her teeth fell out, she became a little more tender. She did so many sweet things yesterday. It started when the kids woke up. I was in the bedroom getting ready. Darin told me to look in the boys room. All 3 kids were on Spencer's bed and Jordan was reading to the boys-she can do the Brown Bear books since she studied them in school last week. The boys were totally listening to her-very cute!!

She was so sweet in primary. She is so friendly to all the kids. When we came home from church, we were discussing the fact that Spencer was able to go into Primary for singing time, and that he would be a Sunbeam in a few weeks. Jordan said "Spencer, I know you are going to be a great Sunbeam."

While I was making dinner, Jordan was writing these really cute little stories. "I am writing a book, mommy" she would tell me. She would then come into the kitchen and make Darin and I listen to her story which was usually about a little girl playing outside in sun, etc...so cute. I love to see her imagination bloom. She loves to write, cut, glue and color.

As we were getting ready to take baths, Jordan was taking her clothes off. She informed me that she would pick out her clothes for school from now on. She said "mommy, you buy me great clothes." I told her she looked really cute in them and she said "that's because you buy me really good clothes." Hopefully she will feel that way when she is 16!

I was also informed at bedtime that she would be "in charge of putting her brothers to bed now" She insisted on reading them a story, so read Brown Bear again. Darin told me that she promptly went into her room and told him that she read her brothers a whole book!!

If only all little boys could have such a great big sister!! Man do I love this little girl!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Em loves to write stories too. I have them all over. I think that I may start keeping them and putting them in a binder. They could be fun to reread when she is an adult:)