Thursday, December 11, 2008

More gratitude

I have been home from Utah for a few days, and have so much I want to put on my blog, but I have to catch up on what I am grateful for.



Saturday December 6th
1. I was able to visit with my friend Brighton, whom I haven't seen since before I was married. She has 2 little girls, so it was really fun to catch up.
2. Landon took a nap for me so I could catch up on lost sleep.
3. I am thankful for family. Darin has a great extended family and I was able to meet up with all of them have dinner. It was fun to see everyone. Caleb and Aiden loved playing with Landon...he would run away and they would carry him back. Would be fun to live closer...




Sunday December 7th
1. I am thankful for the best friends in the world. Maggie got up early and made me oatmeal before I left for the airport. She is such a sweet person. I miss her already:)
2. I am so grateful for understanding gate agents. When I went to gate check my stroller and carseat, I asked if there were any empty seats. The lady looked at my seat and said "that is a terrible seat." She had left the last row empty and put me in it!! I was able to take Lanny's car seat on, and the flight was awesome...I was able to read my book, Lanny took a nap....it was great until the landing.....
3. I am grateful I survived the landing of our plane without throwing up. Seriously, it was the worst landing ever!! I had the barf bag in my lap and came so close to losing it. I didn't realize until I got outside why the plane was swerving all over the place-it was sooo windy. I was never so happy to land-everyone on the plane was bracing themselves....ugh.



Monday Dec 8th

1. I am grateful for hugs and kisses from my 3 little angels. I loved coming home and seeing their faces. Jordan and Spencer were so excited to tell me the fun they had over the weekend.

2. I am thankful for little cat naps.

3. I am thankful for a great primary presidency. The made this cute little packet for the upcoming Sunbeams. We spotlighted Spencer in FHE and went over the packet to help him get ready for Sunbeams in January. Only a few weeks of nursery left for him:) Next year in Primary, he will be on the first row, I will be on the second with the CTR 5 class, and Jordan will be on the next row with the CTR 6 class.

All of a sudden this blogger is weird...won't let me have single spacing....ugh....

Tuesday Dec 9th

1. I am thankful that I was able to get my children out the door this morning and they all survived. I am struggling with the mornings, but they were all fed, dressed, lunches packed and got to school on time.

2. I am thankful for Darin....can't even put it into words...just thankful for him!!!

3. I am thankful for my friend Ryann who lives in England. She called me this morning and it was just like the days when we would call each other every day. Thanks for thinking of me, Ryann. It was awesome to talk...and congrats on the pants.....you are awesome!!!


Wednesday Dec 10th
1. I'm so thankful for Christmas lights. It was warm today, so I got some out and put them outside. I think it adds to the feeling of the season, and just warms my heart to look at them. Plus it makes the kids smile, so then that makes me smile:)
2. OH, now I can do single spaceing....crazy....how can you not be thankful for falling gas prices? In Utah there was one place where it was $1.49....It was $1.89 when I left and now it is $1.66...yeah!!!! Makes a difference when you fill up a minivan!!
3. I am so thankful for the patient people in line behind me at Wal-mart. I took the kiddies after we picked Jordan up from school. For the duration of the shopping trip, they were great-a chocolate shake, fries and nuggets helped a lot-but then I dilly dallied to long and they were a mess buy the time I hit the check out. The gal behind me played with Landon, and they didn't even bat and eyelash at how naughty the other two were being. I don't know you, but thanks so much!!

Thursday Dec 11th
1. I am so thankful for my friend Carla. She did so much for me over the weekend, but is this way all the time. She is a girl scout leader, watches a little baby, has a challenging teenager-I mean challenging, her husband is getting ready to leave for school for a year, and she just serves people all the time. You're the best, Carla!!
2. I am thankful for Stephanie Meyer for giving me somewhere to go when I feel so stressed and need to relax. (My husband isn't so thankful to her, though as I have been a little obsessed with reading the Twilight books.) I am on book 4 and read it when ever I get the chance, which I wish was more often.
3. Today I am thankful for working washers and dryers. I have so much laundry, can't imagine having to do it by hand or go to the laundry mat with children in tow. I love modern conveniences!! I think of Ryann in England with tiny washers....I would be doing laundry every day instead of once or twice a week.

So, I have lots of blessings in my life. Stay tuned for a post catching up on the happenings of the children.
Here's a fun hint: The tooth fairy visited our house last week:)

2 comments:

Lea said...

Lots to be thankful for! We are both on the same track right now-I just labeled my last post 'Gratitude' and then came across yours. :)

Ryann said...

I feel so lucky to have made the list twice! It was so nice to chat with you and yes, I have to do laundry every darned day! I am like Lea now! I loved your list!