Sunday, October 19, 2008

100th Post!!

Here is my 100th post, so I guess I will follow suit and do the wonderful 100 list-Enjoy!
100 things about me!!
1. I was born in Richland Center Wisconsin, which was the most recent town done on Extreme Makeover Home edition.
2. I lived on dairy farms and have scooped manure.
3. I am the oldest of 4 girls.
4. I served a mission in the England London Mission
5. I was married in the DC temple October 19th 2002-today is our 6th Anniversary!!
6. I drove to the DC temple from Wisconsin when I was 13 to do baptisms for the dead for the first time.
7. Darin and I met on LDS singles online.
8. Our children are 5, 3 and almost 18 mos. We work fast:)
9. Darin proposed to me on the top of the "Big M" in Belmont WI-a huge letter M on the side of a big hill. It meant a lot since I went there a lot as a child.
10. I love ice cream-could eat it everyday-even in the winter.
11.I was blessed to meet Gordon B. Hinckley on my mission.
12. Thomas S. Monson was my mission president's mission president-I feel a connection:)
13. I lived early years of my life in a trailer park.
14.My family was on welfare as a child-I have purchased food with food stamps.
15. I had a happy childhood.
16. My mother passed away when I was a few weeks shy of 16. Went to live with grandparents.
17.I went to a different High School all 4 years-long story.
18. I attended Ricks college for 2 years, then also went to Weber State University and graduated with a bachelors in Family Studies.
19.I generally don't like to eat anything that lives in water, except the occasional shrimp or salmon.
20.I tend to talk too much.
21.I lost 100lbs going to Weight Watchers pre wedding and children.
22. Have kept 50 lbs off after 3 children.
23.I worked for 5 yrs. with juvenile delinquents.
24.I was a social worker for children who lived in a domestic violence shelter with their mothers.
25.I love psychology and analyzing people's problems.
26.I enjoy coloring and playing with playdough-I used it with counseling children to help them relax.
27. I dislike cleaning bathrooms very much!!
28. I love blogging-it has taken the place of writing in my journal.
29. I obsess about things-get an idea in my head and have a hard time getting it out.
30.I lack organizational skills.....
31.Darin says I am "overly feely" or in other words overemotional.
32.I enjoy playing with my children.
33.I am a people pleaser.
34.I am addicted to dancing shows like Dancing with the Stars and So You Think you Can Dance.
35.I Have been to the So You Think You Can Dance concert the last 2 years, and am going again in November with 15 other addicts.
36.I can remain calm when helping other people in crisis, more so than myself.
37.I was a rape advocate-went to the ER when a woman showed up who was raped.
38. I consider myself a frugal shopper-always look for bargains and clearance items.
39.I am passionate about things I really love.
40.I really, really love the ocean. Could sit and listen to it all day.
41.I love to play in snow-one of my favorite vacations was snowmobiling in West Yellowstone.
42.My secret dream was to be a professional dancer and Broadway actress.
43. As my family says: I cannot "carry a tune in a bucket."
44. MY other secret dream-to have a good singing voice.
45.Since I have had kids, I am prone to fits of anxiety.
46.I can make pretty good chocolate chip cookies.
47.Darin gets a head rub most every night.
48.I do really enjoy exercising.
49. One of my other new obsessions is my Wii Fit. So awesome!!
50.I played volleyball, basketball and softball in school. Notice sports with relatively little distance running.
51. I am not a good distance runner. One time I jogged a 5 k all the way and was so proud!!
52.I was in lots of plays in middle school and high school.
53. My favorite parts were the Cowardly Lion in Wiz. of Oz, and Lady Yesmum in The Emperor's New Clothes.
54.I competed in Forensics in High School-giving speeches.
55. I love to teach classes and give talks in church.
56.I currently teach the CTR 5 class which includes my Jordan.
57.The first concert I ever went to was Richard Marxx and Riverfest in Milwaukee.
58. My concerts include: Sting, Bon Jovi, Garth Brooks, Reba McIntyre, Bare Naked Ladies, Josh Groban, Matchbox 20 and many others.
59.I used to listen to nothing but country music but have changed a little.
60. Much to my husbands dismay, I procrastinate everything...need a little therapy!!
71. I am not too detail oriented-see more of the "big picture."
72. I am a good producer of ideas, but lack the follow through.
73. I am not blunt or aggressive.
74.I really enjoy photography-especially taking pictures of children and the outdoors.
75.I love Jane Austen-especially the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice.
76. Last year we were able to go the the White House Easter Egg Roll and had a blast.
77.I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
78.I climbed to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. Whew...what a climb.
79.I really enjoy attending the temple.
80.I lack home decor skills and when I go to other people's beautifully decorated houses I get a little jealous and depressed when I come home. Makes Darin really annoyed.
81.I would be overjoyed to have a cleaning service once a week.
82.I am wondering what happens to your patience level when you have children....mine diminished with each child.
83. Jordan cried one day when I picked her up and I was in tears and so sad for her.
84. I would really love to visit Jerusalem and Egypt.
85. I went to Ireland on my honeymoon and kissed the Blarney stone-not that I needed to.
86. I sometimes miss my old job as a social worker.
87. I was a really good student after my mission-got all A's in my major.
88.I love to do laundry-especially folding clothes-probably too anal in the certain way it has to be folded.
89. I love to make my bed very tight, with hospital corners.
90. I am the oldest child, but don't consider myself a perfectionist like most first-borns.
91. I can easily go to bed with toys scattered all over the living room floor. It will just happen again the next day.
92. I am a night person-most productive at night and have a hard time with morning-like to sleep in if I can.
93. I enjoy gardening or as I say "digging in the dirt." I find it therapeutic.
94. I consider myself very open and friendly to strangers and make people feel comfortable.
95. I used to be the life of the party before I became and old married fuddy duddy.
96. My husband and I are opposites-I am extroverted and Darin is introverted. Makes things interesting.
97.I love to read the scriptures.
98. I love to visit castles and saw a lot in England.
99. I have a fascination with anything about Africa and would love to go there someday.
100. A quote from darin "a little ditzy sometimes" which I would interpret as a little scatterbrained since having kids.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Wendi, it was fun to learn a little more about you. See you tomorrow!

kristi said...

a lot of similarities

Karalee said...

Love reading about you! It was fun to get to know more about ya!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your list and learned some things about you too. I would say you have added some needed spark in our son's life -- he makes up for any organizational skill you may be lacking and needs a little relief -- ha.