Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pneumonia

Yesterday Landon woke up sounding awful. He wasn't breathing that great and he had a runny nose and horrible cough. We put a humidifier in his room last night, but that didn't really do much good for him because he woke up at 11:30, and basically was up and down all night!! He could not get comfortable at all and his breathing was so strained and he kept coughing. I tried to sit up and hold him, but then he would try to lay down, but then wouldn't be able to breathe well.

I took him to the doctor this morning and he has pneumoia. The doctor listened to him a lot more than they do at the well baby checks and said he was really crackly. We did a breathing treatment, which he did not like. It helped a little, but he was still really crackly, which apparently is different than how an asthmatic would sound.

So, now here we are with and antibiotic and a nebulizer. We get to do the treatments every 4 hours the next 2 days, then every 6 hours until we go back on Monday.Guess who won't be getting the best sleep the next few days! But, I sure love my little Lanny and will do what ever I can so he can breathe normally as soon as possible!!

6 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

That doesn't sound fun at all! I've been lucky that my girls have been so healthy so far. Elle was born right before Christmas last year, and we didn't even go to any family parties for fear that as a new born in the winter, she might catch someone's cold and get sick. But this year, I think we might make a few of those family get togethers:) Hope all goes well.

Horner Family said...

I'm sorry! That sounds miserable! I hope that he gets feeling better soon!

Rebecca said...

Doing Neb treatments every 4-6 hours is no fun. I have done it many many weeks at a time - at many different points in Max's life - and I can sympathize. Good luck - I hope he feels better and that it is temporary!

kristi said...

that's awful. so sorry.

Ryan & Emily Gillan said...

There is nothing worse then watching your kids when they are sick. Hope he feels better soon!!

Karalee said...

Poor little guy! We hope he gets well soon.