Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Hair was in My Face

So Wendi and Landon are having a wonderful time in Utah attending a friend's wedding (in the snow). Of course, Dad is now in charge of the older two. We made it through Thursday - Saturday without any mishaps. We went to the Open House at the local fire station and went to see the Big Apple Circus, which the kids loved. We even went out to dinner at IHOP. They weren't on their best behavior, but it's IHOP so they aren't expecting the best clientele there anyway.

So Sunday comes around. We manage to make it through church with only the normal levels of noise and misbehavior. We come home and have lunch and then it's time to relax. Jordan had been egging her brother on all day. Dad was downstairs while the kids sneaked upstairs. Then they come down and announce "Spencer cut my hair." I took one look and was definitely not a happy camper. I asked Spencer and he said "Jordan cut my hair." I looked at his hair and there were a few scissor cuts (right after we got a wonderful hair cut last week) so he has a few baldish spots.

We went upstairs and I asked Jordan where she found the scissors. She got them on top of the dresser (which should be way out of her eyesight). She said "My hair was in my face so I cut it." Apparently, since Dad did not put her hair in a ponytail today (after several terrible attempts at doing the hair nicely over the past few days I was going for a "natural" look today) she felt it was in her eyes and decided to whack it off. I must admit that my first reaction to seeing her hair was "Thank heavens, it actually doesn't look half bad." Except for being uneven and a little ragged, she only cut on the sides and didn't whack it all off. She said "Don't worry, it will grow back fast." She even put the cut hair in the garbage can. The moral of this story is that mother's should never leave the children solely in the care of their fathers!




8 comments:

Nathan said...

This is just plain hilarious ;-) Love you guys!

Jill said...

Awesome! She didn't do too bad. I can't wait to see it in person when I get back. I also can't wait to hear Wendi's reaction.

Ryann said...

I'm so happy to see you blogging Darin-welcome! And too funny about the hair. Em has done that more times than I'd like to remember!

Lea said...

That is too funny. She didn't do that bad of a job either.

flem-fam said...

You have a pretty good attitude about it. If Avery cut her hair, I would go BALLISTIC! But she did a pretty good job!

David & Alyssa Stander said...

We were so excited to get a note from you, Wendi!!! And excited to hear about Maggie and Amy as well. We are in the Ogden area. Email us next time you're in town - we'd love to catch up! alyssacdavis at hotmail dot com. Your family is adorable!!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Hi Wendi,
thanks for stopping by our blog! It was good to hear from you. Your family looks great, keep in touch! That's great to hear about mag-pie and Amy, I often wonder about the people from the 3rd ward. Take care!

Joe

AceMott6 said...

Okay...you have to know by now that most kids do this!! I know this is not comforting to you at this point...but she does look cute with short hair!! :)