Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


Happy Anniversary Darin! October 19th 2002, Washington DC Temple


One of our engagement pics. (the following pics were scanned, so aren't the best. Digital was pretty new when we got married!!) I was always anti bridal pics-felt it was too self centered, but things change when you are engaged. I loved getting dressed up in my dress and posing for pics:) Felt like a real princess!!
We were married in the DC temple, which for me was truly a dream come true-every since I saw it for the first time when I was 13, I wanted to be married there. I did my first baptisms for the dead and received my endowment there, so it was amazing to get sealed for time and all eternity there as well.

The grounds of the temple were gorgeous!! And my friend in Boston made my bouquet and all I told her was fall colors. The matched the flowers on temple grounds perfectly. It was such and awesome day.
Here we are 6 years later!! We were able to go to the Melting Pot for dinner, (picture at the top-was originally in the right place, but some random clicks deleted it so I added it again) thanks to a gift card from my mother in law for Christmas, and the Bushmans for taking care of our kiddos. We absolutely loved it!! The food and company were wonderful.


We thought it was fun to cook our food at the table. All the food was delicious!! We had a great cheese to dip bread in-a fiesta cheese with salsa, peppers, etc. then salad, and some yummy meats and veggies.
Ahhhh the desert...chocolate fondue....Flaming Turtle ours was called...what more can I say? It was so yummy!! You could go there just for dessert....so good...can't say enough!!
Simply Scrumptious!! Thanks for 6 great years Darin!! I love you!!


8 comments:

Dan and Sharon said...

Congrats! Yeah now we all can go have girls night at the Melting Pot. Ryann and Rachael start planning your trip back to DC!!!!!

Horner Family said...

Oh I'm so jealous that you went to the Melting Pot...I've been wanting to go there forever. So much fun!! Congrats on your anniversary. What a beautiful bride!

kristi said...

beautiful pictures. happy anniversary! yum the melting pot!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! You are looking very cute with those flowers bouquet.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, has it been 6 years already? I remember when you told me you were engaged! And then a year later, it happened for me :) And now you have such a cute little family. I'm glad you posted wedding pics! I didn't get to see any of them before. I LOVE them!!

Karalee said...

Congrats to you both! Happy Anniversary!

Ryann said...

So you finally went-was it worth the wait? I would so love to meet you all and go!

Happy anniversary!

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Wendi- wonderful to hear from you. It's sad how we start bouncing around the country and then lose touch with our friends. We were excited to see that you found our blog. -Dave