Friday, October 31, 2008

My name is Wendi....

and I have Road Rage!!

Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem, isn't it. I have realized, now that I drive back and forth to my children's school 3 times a day, that I have not recently been the most patient driver. This is a problem since Spencer sits behind me and catches EVERYTHING I say!! I think at least twice a day when we go get Jordan he informs me "mommy, you can't say that." It's a problem when your 3 yr. old notices you are a little impatient. If I blurt something out, which happens quite frequently, he will ask "what happened mommy?"

Some of my recent complaints:
1. People "blocking the box" There are clearly signs posted...Do Not Block the Box. I hate having to sit through my green light to turn left when because the other people turning left from the cross street do not wait until it is totally clear to turn. The other day my lane and the other lane had to go around a lady stuck in the middle. I called her some name-no swearing involved-and Spencer informed me that my behavoir wasn't appropriate. I had already sat through one green light and wasn't about to do it again!!!
2. Slow people in the fast lane. Last night on the freeway the lady in front of me was going 45 and when I passed her, I realized she was talking on her cell phone!! I have talked on my phone in my car, I admit, but I can keep my speed up on the freeway!! Speaking of cell phones, don't try to turn corners or back out of your space on your phone...you just can't pay attention and do both!!
3. Drivers who fall asleep in the kiss-n-ride, or ones that don't pay attention, therefore slowing the process up. The other day, I pulled up to a car, looked over and and the guy was asleep. The cars behind him were annoyed because of the huge gap he had left. I really wanted to pass him, but I was nice and go out and knocked on his window. Then one day a lady in line wasn't paying attention and a few cars got ahead of her....ugh.
4. Just plain old silly drivers that aren't paying attention and do dumb things while driving.

Ok, just had to get that off my chest. I am trying now to improve and not blurt things out in a fit of rage. I know that a lot of my problem is not leaving enough time to get where I want to go, so I am working on that as well. Wish me luck because I really am a good driver and want to be nice:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:) It is nice to know that you have taught our grandchildren the "proper thing" to say and/or do. I smiled when you said that Spencer called you the words you used while driving. It happens to all of us -- just have to be very watchful and always be a good example. Starting earlier would be a good start.

Unknown said...

I meant to say Spencer called you on the words you used.

Ferndale said...

wow, wendi, I never knew you were such an angry person! :)