Friday, October 31, 2008

Girls Night Out

Last week Darin called me from work to ask if I wanted to go to a gymnastics show-it was the Stars of Gynastics. We thougth it would be good if I took Jordan. He said he got free tickets. I thought that since he called from work, they gave them to his office. Well, a while back he bought tons of salsa and refried beans for a "special offer." He never told me what the offer was until he go the tickets. It was 2 free tickts, courtesy of Ortega, one of the sponsors.

So Jordan and I went to dinner, then took the metro down town. I figured they wouldn't be the best seats, since they were free, but they were pretty good seats. One section up from the floor. Similar seats to what we had for the Celine Dion concert. Anyhow, it was like gymnastics meets stars on ice. They performed to music, and they had 2 performers-new Disney groups-Jordan Pruitt and KSM, both I have heard nothing about. They were ok, but the teeny boppers probably loved them.
There were lots of little girls with gymnastic gym jackets on and some with their leotards-or what ever they call them for gymnasts. Lots of moms with little girls. We actually sat next to a guy who had been a gymnast for 18 yrs, and during the intermission, his father happily informed me that he was 7th in the nation at one time.
I messed with all the settings on my camera, but the pictures were not great. The lighting was so frantic, that it was really hard to get good shots. Here are a few that were OK .

The Hamm brothers performing together. Sent the stadium into a frenzy....they are pretty cute... Nastia Lukin on the balance beam
Shawn Johnson on the uneven bars-Nastia walking in front.
Nastia on the uneven bars.

Jordan out front the Verizon center. She did pretty well, but we left early because she couldn't handle much more. The music was really loud, but she did finally take her fingers out of her ears. She did like watching the gynastics, but wasn't thrilled with the music. She got her $5.00 ice cream cone and intermission, but I had to draw the line at $4.00 for a bottle of water!! Highway robbery...but people fall for it, so they do it!!
So Jordan and I had a great date, even though getting her up this morning was not too fun!!





No comments: