Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun trip to Utah

So, I already mentioned that flying with one child is much easier than with all 3. Landon did very well on both trips. These pics are in the Dallas Airport on the way home. We had a 4 hour layover, so the first thing I did was find the children's play area, and luckily they had a really nice one. He had fun for about an hour before we found Chilis for dinner. Landon did this over and over again. For some reason, he loved going upside down. I didn't mind because it was keeping him happy!!


So the reason for my trip was to a very dear friend, more like a sister, get married. Margaret Ashton, or as I like to call her "Maggie Pie Pie" is a wonderful person and found and equally wonderful guy to marry-Nathan. They were both so happy and looked like they were floating above air. Their sealing was simply divine. I do not think there was one dry eye in the room-it was the most sniffling and sobs I have every heard in a sealing-including the bride and groom. They waited so long to find each other and were just ecstatic!! It was truly a blessing to be there and witness their sealing.
I love you so much Margaret and wish you the best of luck!! Such a beautiful Bride!! Landon, Maggie and I at the reception. Everyone loved his little suit-have to admit he is pretty dang cute!!
Couldn't resist the bowtie:)

We had such a nice time staying with my old roommate Amy, who was Maggie's roommate until she got married. Amy is another of my most dear friends. She informed me when I arrived that she had just gotten engaged and had just picked up her ring. I was soo happy!! But dreaded telling Darin that I needed to make another trip to Utah for a Dec 5th sealing. He understands and his really happy for Amy-who has waited a long time for this!! Her fiance is really nice and I got to love him and his daughters I was able to meet.

On Sunday, which was October 12th, we had a snowstorm. That was early even for Utah. I did bring winter coats, so Landon didn't freeze when we went to church. I don't remember that much snow out her in DC at once for a long time. Lanny wasn't too sure, especially when he fell down. It was so beautiful-I do love seeing the snowcovered mountains. Don't see that much in Northern Virginia:)
Landon in the snow-before he fell down.
My rental car before I cleaned it off.

It was a fun trip, now I wait until Dec 4th to fly out for another wedding:)





1 comment:

Ryann said...

I am so impressed that you were able to go out to Utah alone -well, with one kid which is like being alone. But you are going again? WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO! Such amazing progress WEndi!