Thursday, January 15, 2009

Landon's new trick

Uh Oh!!!!
We have a bit of a problem in our house now....Landon has learned a new trick which has make mommy have to move some furniture....
We have a really small nursery, so the furniture is all pretty close together. The changing table is next to the crib. It was used a lot for all the babies, but after they were all about a year old, it becomes a storage center. It was not a problem for Jordan or Spencer....I guess because by 20 months they were both in a twin bed preparing for a sibling to take over the crib.

Landon is another story. I went to get him from his nap yesterday and heard giggling. I was happy because that meant I would not have to wake him from a sound sleep to go get Jordan. Well.....the following picture is where I found him!!
I actually took the picture today so I could show everyone, but this it is exactly where he was yesterday. So, I put him in his crib after I took it to see what he would do....

Step 1: Grab onto the changing table.
Step 2: Put your little knee on the side of the crib like so...


Step 3: Pull yourself over onto the changing table.

Step 4: Turn around and sit down to show mommy what you are capable of.


It probably wasn't too safe to watch him do this and take pictures, but I wanted to get pictures of it. He is such a litle stinker. He is actually doing more than Spencer did because he has another trick-when he is finshed with his food and wants out of his high chair he just reaches under the tray, presses the release buttons and pushes his tray off.....I can't believe he figured that out...he is so smart!!!
I put he and Spencer to bed tonight and figured he was tired he would be ok....no way!! I was reading to Jordan and finishing up some homework and heard all kinds of commotion up against the wall. Well, he was sitting on the changing table when I went in there. Needless to say, the changing table is now in the middle of the room well out of reach of the crib. I just hope I don't trip when I check on them when I go to bed. If you are close to me and need a changing table or know of anyone who does, let me know-otherwise it is going on Craig's list tomorrow because we have no room anywhere else in the house!!!





3 comments:

Ryann said...

too cute!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, I thought our girls room was small. But the furniture has never been that close together. My girls would just fall out if they tried to escape!

We're just thinking about looking to the future, and some cute little white bunkbeds for the girls :) I can't wait to redecorate!!! My favorite :)

David & Alyssa Stander said...

Oh I so fear for this day at our house...but when it's so dang cute, how can you get upset?!?