Thursday, January 1, 2009

A most precious gift

I think I recieved probably my favorite Christmas present ever this year. When I opened it, I cried my eyes out, knowing the work and love that went into it.

I will explain a little background first. A few years ago, when I was pregnant with Spencer, we spent Christmas in Boston with our dear friends. They put these books in both of our stockings-books for us to fill out for our children to read. Well, Darin has spent the last few months filling out the entire book!!! He filled out each page, with his tiny writing, and it is not a small book.

Here is an example of one of the pages. It is blurry, which is probably good for Darin's:) Anyhow, I have been reading it and just love it. It was a labor of love on Darin's part, which I am most grateful. Someday the children will love it as well. Here is the front cover of the book.
So, now I have it in writing how Darin feels about the children and I, so when he wants to run away, I can pull the book out....really, It is very special and I will treasure it always. Thank you Darin!

3 comments:

Lea said...

What a great book! A treasure.

Lynette said...

That is really thoughtful...how sweet!

Jill said...

What a thoughtful gift. I love it. Can't wait to see you all again. When should we go out for a girls night?