Friday, January 2, 2009

Ocean City part 1

Hotel Rooms are soo much fun!!

For the last few years, we have taken trips to beach locations the day after Christmas. Two years ago, we went to Ocean City then last year we went to Virginia Beach. Well, this year we decided to go back to Ocean City. Darin found a nice hotel we like with a fun pool. So off we went. The children were so excited-anytime they get to watch a DVD in the car is special. And they absolutely love staying in hotels. I have to mention that in the top picture of the kids watching video on the bed all the lights in the room were out. I love my camera:)
Swimming fun!!
We stayed at the Fenwick in, and it has a really neat pool. There are sprayers all over, a mushroom in the middle with water coming down, a great shallow area for little ones with fun steps to play on. We went to the pool every day-4 times in all, and had so much fun each time. Jordan got right back intot he habit and was going underwater in no time. She swam the whole pool with her water wings, and even swam a litttle in the shallow without them.
The Big Surprise....
Spencer loved wearing the water wings and did really well:) It took a little time, but Spencer decided he would give the water wings a try. He did so well, and kept trying to steal them every time Jordan took them off. He went under the water a couple times-once on his own!! He is a lot less scarred than Jordan was, so I am already looking forward to swim lessons for him this summer!!

So Proud!! Way to go Spencer!!

Lanny really loved the pool as well. We had to watch him because he would jump to us when we werent' looking. He took to the water really well, and when Darin and I put him under the water a few times, he didn't even cry!! This summer will be so fun!! I can't wait:))


I was happy because I got to sit in the hot tub each time. I got to sit and relax and it was so nice. It helped a lot because at one point on the trip I twisted my back funny and had lots of pain. I would love a hot tub at home if it wouldn't take up half of our back yard:)





















1 comment:

Karalee said...

Sounds and looks like you had a great holiday season! Tell Darin great job on the christmas present! That is a wonderful thing to have!