Monday, January 12, 2009

Silver Diner

I did something tonight I didn't think I would ever do. I went to a real restaurant-not a fast food restaurant, or a quick eat type like noodle company-but one with servers and all-with my 3 children. I think I may have done it when Lanny was a tiny baby in the car seat, but haven't been to a real restaurant with all 3 myself. I decided that we would go to Silver Diner since the kids love it and Darin is gone. I find that my motivation to make real meals drops significantly when Darin is gone-probably since he is the one who appreciates them the most.

Anyhow after Jordan's gymnastics class we went to Silver Diner. The kids were great!! The really did well. They were really excited about the Juke Box at the table. The sound was off when we sat down, then Jordan figured out how to turn it on and the Sesame Street theme happend to be playing. Lanny perked right up. The waitress was cute and ordered the kids food first and it came out before she even took my order. Anyhow, the kids loved picking the songs, and after depositing about 6 quarters to pick songs, we realized you could push the buttons and the songs would play....oh well, kept them quiet for a while. There were little pictures next to some of them, so Spencer was really happy to see Spiderman.

The only snag in the evening was trying to do the bathroom with all three. Jordan needed some personal time....if you catch my drift and Landon and Spencer kept crawling under the door. We were in the big one with the changer, but the door wouldn't stay closed. A lady came in next to us, and well...um...she needed private time as well. We all finally had a turn, and went on our merry way-after Spencer nearly burnt his hand when he turned the hot water all the way on.

Thanks for being so good Jordan, Spencer and Landon!! Mommy is so very proud!!

No comments: