Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So disappointing....

I am so bummed. I probably shouldn't be posting this info, since I am not supposed to know it yet, but I was told yesterday that Spencer's preschool is not doing the integration program next school year!!! It was a total shock, since I had it all planned out....oh, so sad. I guess the principal has decided to let some assistants go due to budgeting, and apparently the ratio will be off.....what? really? The model kids are the ones that the teachers don't have to worry about, and they are good helpers. Last year there was a boy in Jordan's class who often, almost daily, wouldn't cooperate unless Jordan told him too. The teachers loved her and were sad when she missed school. Spencer's teachers say the same about him, that he is a great helper and very friendly and caring to the other children...

Ugh....now we have to fight the preschool crowds to register him somewhere next year....at least I found out now so I can prepare. The principal is going to send a note to the current models, but who knows when that could be. If she waits until after March, we would have been out of luck. So glad I know!! And I guess I shouldn't complain too much since we have had 3 years of free preschool!!

No comments: