Sunday, January 18, 2009

On the spot

I had a good chuckle in the car on the way home from church today. We had been chatting about the fact that we forgot that Landon was assigned the nursery snack and that I realized in sacrament meeting that Jordan was supposed to give a talk. That one we took care of easily and it went really well. So, Jordan once again out of the blue asked a good question. Here is how the conversation went (with my own little thoughts:)

Jordan: Daddy, what did you about learn today? (she must have learned that from me....)
Darin: About Jesus.
Jordan: No daddy, what about Jesus did you learn. (apparently we always learn about Jesus. My giggling starts here.)
Darin: that we need to be like Jesus.
Jordan: what did you learn of how to be like Jesus? (how about some specifics here...more giggling)
Darin: Well, my teacher told us.....( and this is where I was really chuckling so I didn't get all of what Darin said.

I guess the time of giving the usual "cover everything" answers has ended!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love it when kids talk to you the way you talk to them. Lizzie has started saying "how would you feel if I did . . . to you?"