Friday, January 9, 2009

Odds and ends

There won't really be an order or theme to this post, just a compilation of funny/interesting things from our lives lately.

First I have to thank Darin for something he did for me the other day. It was it was bitter cold-I think it was Wednesday. I tried to get out the door early, despite the best efforts of my children to thwart my attempts, we were a couple minutes early. I was very delighted to see that Darin had scrapped the frost off my window!! How sweet.

This is what we find lately when we arrive at our destination. We will be driving along, then I hear the ever familiar sound of Velcro being pulled apart. Sometimes he will be nice and leave his socks on, but often this is what we find. Not so fun when I am ready to go in a store and it is really windy and rainy....I don't understand how he minds the cold, but he does it anyway!!! But they are such cute little piggies:) Our most recent dinner guest for Sunday lunch.

Jordan was most adamant that this monkey be safely strapped in his seat so he could sit up and eat and not fall out. (I was happy that I was able to convince Jordan to only open one cheese stick and pretend Monkey would eat...)

While Darin went to NY overnight, we had a slumber party with the Price girls. They were thrilled to pull out our sleeper sofa. Jordan and Spencer were also so excited to use their cute little sleeping bags. Jordan lasted until about 1:30, then she came crying up the steps and spent the rest of the night with me.



Here is our new SUNBEAM!!! Spencer started in Primary this past week and really was cute. He was quiet and did a really good job. I watched him even trying to do some actions to one of the songs, and he has been singing them at home this week:) He has a really good teacher and the funny thing is that her son is in my class. I have a new class of 4 year olds olds who are really cute!



Daddy is everybody's favorite person these days. Especially Landon. He gets so excited when Darin comes home-he runs to see him saying "daddy home...daddy home." I teased Darin that it is time to get pregnant again so I am someone's favorite:) Really, it makes my heart melt to see the children so happy with their daddy:)



A new addiction in our house: YouTube....


One day when I was gone, or maybe I was just upstairs trying to clean or do dinner....I forget...anyhow Darin was trying to do somethings on the computer. Landon would not leave him alone, so he figured he would find something on YouTube to entertain him. Little did he know that now anytime we even sit at the computer Landon is right there and points saying "ee aa oo" His way of sounding like a monkey. I guess Darin introduced them to dancing monkeys, farting dinosaurs, dancing and farting hippos, and the like. They absolutely love it......is this really OK?

Look at Lanny in this pic...he laughs, and I mean real belly laughs when he is watching YouTube. It makes you laugh to see him laugh at it.



Landon is really starting to repeat everything we say, and it is sooo cute. Our favorite is the way he says Wall E...it is sooo cute. I have to film it because it is that funny. He also says robot and rasberries in funny ways. It is so fun to listen to him. He is communicating verbally so much more, so that will make things easier. It is hard to imagine that when Spencer was his age, I was a month away from having a baby....can't even fathom that now!!!
The other day in the car Spencer (who insisted on bringing 3 of his new Thomas trains) said to me "Mommy, I need another arm." I feel the same way sometimes, Spence!!





1 comment:

Ryann said...

So many cute pictures! Madi too became a sunbeam and was a bit hard to handle. Since I teach the 5-6 year olds, she could see me. Which was fine for sharing time but when we had to leave she wrapped herself around me and would not let go. then five minutes into class, they bring a hysterical Madi to me. I don't know what they expected me to do since i don't have another teacher in my class. And for once Terry was in church-so I sent her to him. I am really hoping that this week is better because Terry will be there but then he is gone for another four weeks and it will be hard for me if she has a problem!

but you know to Madi"s credit. They didn't do any transition for the kids at all. Nothing. So we tried to compensate for that but it just didn't end up being an easy day. Whoa, didn't mean to go on and on about that.

I loved all of your pics!