Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our dining room's facelift

Here are some pictures I have been asked for. I held off to put my new curtains, and since I did that today, here goes!!


Here are the kids playing in the dining room today. The chairs are missing because they are a part of a huge tent/fort in the living room. I don't have too many before pictures because I got so excited and forgot. The plates used to hang next to the mirror, and there were certificates of Darin's where the plates are now. I put those away, and put some pictures in the new frames next to the mirror. Here is one before picture I did take when I realized I hadn't taken any.
a before of the "map wall" Darin loves this map and wouldn't let me replace it. I actually do like it-the kids ask lots of questions. They know where mommy and daddy served missions, and where all our overseas friends live.


The wall is now green!!! I loved how it turned out. Green is my favorite color.




A shot of our new frames.

Another of the whole room-I am standing on our steps. I wish I had a pic of the old curtains, you would laugh. I haven't liked them the whole time I have lived in the house-don't worry, Darin is aware of my dislike for them. We have the same ones in the living room and I can't wait to replace them as well. They were an ugly floral and were the kind with the big knots in the corners and hung to the floor. I think this is much improved. I will probably go back to KMart and get the same ones for the living room.



And I finally hung up one of my enrichment projects. I made this when I was pregnant with Landon-before I knew we were having a boy, so I have to order his name to go on one of the stars.
There is a picture of one very small wall missing, but it has a very cluttered bakers rack no one really needs to see, as well as part of the staircase.
So, this is my first attempt at redecorating anything. There are lots of areas to touch up, but I was so worn out from painting, that has yet to be done. I do look forward to doing the living room eventually-I am going to use the same green, so I think that will be really nice.








3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks good. I like the curtains and accent wall.

Karalee said...

Looks great! Good job!

Chanda said...

Your dining room looks REALLY nice. That color green is so pretty. I would like to make my living room more green and blue but our windows in there have long, red curtains on them. It would totally clash.