Thursday, March 26, 2009

Devil vs. Angel

The Devil on my shoulder says:
If you were able to get tickets to the White House Egg Roll, don't tell me. I cannot be held responsible for what may happen. I may spontaneously burst into tears....well, I actually may feel like punching you as well....It's not fair...why did they change it...dumb, system!!! I neglected my children all day to sit at th computer...what a waste....ARGGG!!

The Angel on the other shoulder says:
It is a life lesson. They had good intentions. They want more people to be able to go. You will survive if you don't go, and Jordan won't miss school. Try again next year. The goodie bag will just clutter up your house anyway. There will be people going that may have never been able to go before, and remember you did get to go last year and didn't even camp out for the tickets. (Thanks Jill)

So...These are my conflicting feelings. I had myself sooooo psyched up to camp out and get tickets for the egg roll. I was just soo excited to go. We had so much fun, I have been planning it all year. How can I as an adult get so excited about something for my children that I am depressed I didn't get tickets? Get over it and move on, I guess.

Honestly, if you did get tickets I would love to hear how long it took and I truly hope you have a blast! You will love it!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm upset too. I really hope they don't do it this way again next year.

Ryann said...

I know of two people who got tickets. Just plain luck I guess. But like you said, you didn't camp out last year and got tickets so it's not over yet!

Lea said...

I feel that my day was spent in front of the computer as well. I did have to run a few errands, but in the middle of it I had to make a stop to check the computer! I was obsessed as well and REALLY hope that we can camp out next year! This idea of online ticketing, in my opinion, just stinks!

kristi said...

you are too nice. i hope it rains and is an awful day for whoever got tickets! what a stupid way to get tickets. it was a wasteful, neglegtful day. Can you tell I didn't get tickets?!