Friday, March 6, 2009

A trip to the Dentist

My procrastination has ended. We finally went to the dentist today. Jordan has been learning about the dentist in school, and kept asking me when we were going to go. I called one of the dentists off the list from out insurance and was amazed I got in 2 days later!! I was really worried since Jordan is 5 and a half and has never been. Now I know that sounds horrible, but I never, and I mean never went to the dentist when I was growing up, so it hasn't been in my mind like the doctor. To us as kids, the "rich" kids went to the dentist. I remember one time I was rushed in to my Aunt Sue's dentist for a horrible tooth ache, but other than that , we didn't go. Probably because my dad was a farm hand and we didn't have dental insurance.

Here is how our visit went.
Spencer in the playrom watching a little TV

Nice little play room.


Jordan gettting ready. She hopped right into the chair and was ready with her mouth open. Both She and Spencer did soo well.


Cool glasses to sheild her eyes from the light. There was only one time I was worried that Jordan was going to cry-when the hygenist told her she had to stop sucking her thumb. She said she would try and then Rose, the hygenist told her she could have an extra prize next time if she quit.

All done: NO CAVITIES:):) Yeah. I was really worried they would have horrible teeth. Jordan's only problems were plaque build up in the back molars and a bad bite from sucking her thumb. She did so well.



"Ella" the dog came for moral support:)



Next up: Spencer. He was incredibly good!! He sat so well, did everything the dentist and hygenist told him. He did bit her finger once, but I don't think she was quick enough. She did tell me he made a lot of saliva, and he bit the suction once.







Just hanging out at the dentist.




Spencer sat on my lap in during Jordan's whole exam and didn't move. He was enthralled. Jordan, on the other hand, would not sit on my lap, but had to be next to Spencer the whole time. She was quite curious about everything. It was really cute. The hygenist said that Spencer had really nice teeth. Again, NO CAVITIES:) Woo Hoo. I was told that Spencer has an overbite, so we may be looking at at least 2 kiddies with braces...who knows what will happen with Lanny.
Here we are all done. The kids were both THRILLED with the goodie bags. Jordan had to take hers into school when I dropped her off. Spencer had to take his into the restaurant when we went out to dinner and had to have it in bed with him. It was so cute. Darin and I are amazed that they loved it so much. Hopefully that will continue!!




The goody bag: the best part!!



Had to put this one in because he is just too cute!!!














3 comments:

Ryann said...

My kids love going to the dentist. However, now we have to go to a military dentist and I don't think that they'll have the same experience. Oh well. They'll get used to it.

As for thumb sucking...I sucked until I was 8. I turned out ok. I've heard of extreme measures such as putting vinegar on the finger or using a type guard. Hope you find something that works!

Jill said...

I'm glad the dental visit went so well.

I have no thumb sucking remedies (other than bribery maybe), but will probably come to you for advice in a few years since Alaina seems determined to suck hers.

Ed Hochhalter said...

I love the color and the model of the dentist chair. It just looks so comfortable, it actually resembles a sofa. You've raised your kids well. I can see they're behaved while they're at the dentist.