Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Three children-one sick, one playful, one trouble maker

Playful child Trouble maker: How did your pants get wet Landon?
Oh, I see. A little stuck?



Sick child. I feel like a lousy mother to my poor sick child. Yesterday she told me her throat hurt before school. I gave her motrin and told her to go to the nurse if she was in too much pain. Well, wouldn't you know it she did, and where was I? Volunteering in Spencer's class...in the same building....a just a hallway away from where she was....just missed her path to the nurse... ugh! There was a message when I got home so I called the nurse back. She said Jordan went back to class when I wasn't home. (I was so frustrated because in the morning I had a thought to give her teacher Darin's cell in case she felt bad, and didn't do it. I had my Darin's cell with me in the school and could have taken her when I took Spencer home.) I said I would come get her, but the nurse said to wait to see if Jordan went back in. Yes, I had the feeling to just go get her right then, but didn't. I got a phone call an hour later and ended up going to get her. We had a rough night...so called the dr. in the morning. Poor thing has strep and I feel horrible. The small consolation is that the nurse said the test works best if the symptoms were there over 24 hrs. So she layed around and watched TV all day and will do more of the same tomorrow.

Lesson learned: listen to the little things you hear in your head that you think are silly....they are put there for a purpose!!

Jordan did a really cute thing last night, though. Well, in the wee hours of the morning I should say. When I put her to bed I asked her if she wanted her daddy to give her a blessing.
She said no, so I told her that anytime she wanted she could come get daddy. Well she was up a few times getting a drink and needing help, so at 3:30 she came crawling in our bed crying for daddy to give her a blessing. He took her to her room and gave her a blessing. I sat on our bed crying so thankful for the priesthood in my home and for a sweet little faithful girl who was brave and asked her daddy. Darin gave her the blessing and she slep until 8:30!





1 comment:

Lea said...

The priesthood is amazing! I agree it is so wonderful to have it in the home. I hope that Jordan recovers quickly.