Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am Superwoman....

well, crazywoman may be more like it. I had 5 kiddies in my care today....yes 5 children ages 5 and under!! I had Jordan home sick and had already committed to watching 2 little kids that my friend Carla usually watches, but couldnt' today. So my day started early. Actually I do have toot my horn and say I worked out at 6:00 am again today:) It has been so great to get back into it.

Anyhow, it was a pretty good day for the most part. There were some funny moments, and some hairy moments, but all in all, it was good.

Funny/cute/endearing moments:
  • Watching me load and unload the 5 kids into my mini van. When we got home from getting Spencer from school, Landon was asleep so I did it in shifts. Pretty funny.
  • Seeing all Spencer's little animals piled on the little 3 month old baby when he was sitting in the bouncy seat. He seemed very entertained by Spencer, and Spencer was thrilled to have him at our house. Spencer is very taken with babies these days. He loves talking and holding them. Sooo cute.
  • Landon went to time out with the little 2 year old girl after she got time out for hitting him. It was so cute-I have a cute picture, but not my kid, so better not put it on.
  • Jordan announcing that she was in charge of the little girl. She read her books, put her in the portacrib, and told her when she needed at time out. First born child? Think so!!
  • Watching my children interract with our cute visitors. They loved having them at our house, and Darin wouldn't like to hear that it makes me want another baby. They were all just sooo cute with the baby. Spencer wanted to help me feed it, although Jordan was a little concerned that I didn't make any "mommy's milk."

Hairy/stressfull moments:

  • The baby crying for his bottle when I was trying to finish Spencer's Lunch, get shoes on 4 other children, making sure Landon and Spencer ate breakfast. He got fed and Spencer was on time to school.
  • Putting 5 children in my van.
  • breaking up fights between two 2 year olds...well one is almost 2
  • Diapering 3 children. Think I changed approximately 11-12 diapers today.
  • Trying to keep things picked up....not happening much with my own 3, so definitely not happening with 2 extra!!

The funny thing is what happened after the kiddos left. Darin brought pizza home since I had enrichment tonight-which was really great. Anyhow, I had it all set out and then the meltdowns. started. When do Jordan and Spencer think the world is going to fall off it's axis if they don't get the only cheap throw away red spoon? You know the ones I mean-the take and toss ones. Well, I threw it away, and Jordan dug it out. She didn't like the pizza, Spencer was mad when I ate the crust he didn't want....Jekyll and Hyde.....yikes. All the while these two had problems, this is what Landon was doing....


But if I don't have the red spoon, life is over.
I am a bad mommy, Spencer tells me when I throw the spoon away.


Well, maybe we'll stick with 3, at least for now:)

2 comments:

Ryann said...

That is funny that on the same day you and Jill both post crying kid pictures. Well done surviving the day!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Dude, you are Crazy!!! 5 kids!! You are a super woman. Ok, now you just need to come drag me out of bed and get me to exercise too :) C'mon, you can do all this right? he..he..he..