Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Brown Jacket

So, it the last few weeks have been my favorite time of the year-consignment sale time:) I love shopping at them because you can get such good deals on nice things. Well, Darin always comes with me to inspect my potential purchases. We also tag team on our list. I sent him off to get light jackets for the boys in anticipation of some warmer weather-bye bye winter coats. He picked one out for each boy. I wasn't too sure about this particular jacket (lovely fake leather), but it has proven to be a sucessful $4.00 purchase!!

Spencer absolutely loves this jacket. He has been wearing it every since Friday evening, and tells everyone about it where ever he goes. It is so funny. He has received many compliments for looking sharp in his new jacket. What can I say....he is pretty doggone cute!!

Oh, sooo handsome!!
On another happy note....
Spring is finally here!! Our trees went from no buds to full bloom in like 3 days!! It is so pretty. We are also super excited to go downtown and look at the cherry blossoms on Thursday after school. Darin is out of town, and since my desire to walk around the whole tidal basin and take tons of pictures doesn't thrill him, he can rest easy in San Antonio and know the kids and I will have fun.

I hear lots of feet running into the kitchen upstairs so have to go investigate!!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

We'll be down at the Tidal Basin on Thursday afternoon/evening as well. We'll keep an eye out for you. I hope we have good weather...

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Man, flowers!! It's snowing again here in Utah. I think the skiing is better right now than it has been in the past couple of months. Ug, I'm so ready for spring. I feel like we're moving backwards. I've just about had it with this winter stuff this year. But, I guess we can always use the water. As long as it's not in my basement :) he..he..

I've been trying to spend less, which means, my little trips to the store, just to get out of the house have stopped. I have a hard time window shopping. But with this crazy wether, we're cooped up inside. I sure hope things turn around soon :) I need some Fresh Air!!